OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

tru-glo

Started by rock54, December 12, 2011, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

is the tru-glo red or green dot scope that comes mounted on the 870 rem. super mag 12 gauge.....a good one...plan on just shootn 3 inch shells out of it...seems you all talk of other dot style sights...this stlye comes with the gun already mounted....what are your thoughts for you that have the knowledge.....thanks russ

chatterbox

I don't care for them, but some guys like them. My 535 ate them for breakfast.

gob09

man if it was me id buy a gun without it and get a good quality dot sight if thats what you want bushnell makes one that does well i put one on my 935 a few weeks ago and love it
http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-1x25-trophy-series-riflescope-trs-25-red-dot-731303.html

rock54

thanks guys for the imput.....will look into the bushnell....want to put one on the wifes 1187 compact 20 gauge......if any one else has any good thoughts they are more than welcome to chim in.....thanks russ

renegade19

I've had good luck with mine, but it doesn't  get alot of rounds to jar it.  Probably 10 shots dialing in and testing and 6 or 7 so far with dead turkeys the last two seasons.  So far, it's performed well.

callmakerman

I've shot a TruGlo red dot for about 5 years now using 3 1/2" loads and have had no problems.  I would say more than 6 boxes of shells total sighting in and dead turkeys.