turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday 12/11/11 Dealing with Sorrow

Started by pappy, December 11, 2011, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Losing a loved one is hard.....I don't care what anyone says, it is hard.... Jesus understood this most, His comforting words were offered from His heart, to all who would receive them. In one instance while explaining His upcoming departure to His disciples, He said these words...." A little while and ye shall not see me and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father." John 16:16
He was trying to get across to them that His time for the final sacrifice and His resurrection was at hand...there was nothing that could change this, but He could offer comforting words and words of re-assurance to them. They were dumbfounded, to say the least, and (in my words)  inquired " What are you talking about, LEAVE..... we don't want you to go, we have too much to learn and our hearts would be broken if you were to leave us..." So often today we have to say good bye.....and yet as we learn in the word, that these seemingly final words, are not final after all.....for the believer.
In verse 22 after several moments of consoling Jesus says: " And ye now therefore have sorrow, but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you."
My goodness, what a way to explain the inevitable but temporal death we must face. Praise God in the Highest!!! Ever since I have had the Lord as My Savior, I have found that when I need His comforting hand He is there, when I need His strength, it is there, and most of all when I must face this moment of extreme sorrow and grief, He is there to offer me the blessed assurance that it is temporal, this is why the "sting" of death no longer has it's hold on me.
I can only hope and pray that for everyone out there, that if you are facing the loss of a loved one, or even a dear pet.... that you offer your prayers to the Father in the name of Jesus so you to, can receive such the wonderful gift of comfort.
So many years I dealt with families who have lost folks, some with Christ on their side some without, and let me assure you that those who had Jesus in their camp found an everlasting peace and an expectant joy while those who did not, seemed to suffer longer and ask more questions and blame God more often then not. There is no need to prolong any suffering, especially when there are others who need comforting, to share your loss with Christ is a privilege and Honor,  learning to comfort others because of your  "having been there done that" is a way of sharing the Gospel of Christ. 
I remember three wonderful instances when Jesus showed us that sometimes words weren't just good enough, to helping us to believe, one was when He raised Jairus' daughter, one when He raised the Widow of Nain's son and the third was good Ol' Lazarus.....in these instances I see the future resurrection of my loved ones as well as myself.  It will happen...............what more words of comfort can we offer? 
When we all get to Heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus,we'll sing and shout the victory!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Jack  !

I surely can relate .   :jesus-cross:

Ricky
Vaturkey

Eric Gregg

As a pastor I find it is a great comfort and hope to share that we can see our loved ones again one day. The great news that we have is that death no longer has the final victory, and that Christ is the first fruits of the resurrection.
What great hope we have in Christ.

Thanks for sharing my brothers.

lightsoutcalls

Thank you for those words.  They are very timely.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

[When we all get to Heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus,we'll sing and shout the victory!]

Thanks, Jack.  Let's look each other up in heaven and sing of His victory side by side!