turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scope recommendations for mossi 535

Started by woodwzrd, December 08, 2011, 11:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwzrd

I bought a new mossberg 535 last year and had problems with the factory sights and need to either replace the sights or top it with a scope for this season. I am thinking of going with a red dot scope but am just not sure. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a reasonable priced scope and what you like about it. Thanks in advance

Crappiepro

I would say the Bushnell Banner scopes, they are not to salty on price. I have a 4x32 with a circle plex rec. that I'll be putting on my Moss 500.  I had it mounted on my 870 Exp. and used it for deer hunting. Their a solid scope for the money.But like everything else when it comes to scopes the sky is the limit on what you wanna spend.

TnTurk

Bushnell makes a nice turkey scope for the money. I am planning on putting a scope on my gun before spring and was considering either the Bushnell or a Konus scope with the etched glass reticle. This scope has really got my attention, but still searching for more reviews before I make that move.  I wish I could find an old Simmons 2x32 with the extended eye relief.  Good Luck and God Bless.   -Steve

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/169054/konus-pro-shotgun-scope-25x-32mm-aimpro-reticle-matte

chatterbox

Well, you have several options that will ring in at right around a 100 bucks or so.
For a tube scope with magnification, I would recommend the bushnell trophy with the turkey plex reticle 1.5-4X32. Very good, rugged scope.
If you want a red dot tube style sight, I would recommend the bushnell trophy red dot. Very rugged, accurate sight. Can be had for under 100.00.
Lastly, the Mueller relfex sight is a non-tube sight with an unlimited FOV, and is also very rugged.
The choice is really yours. I would recommend checking out www.opticsplanet.com they have free shipping, and you will be able to take a look at all of them and decide for yourself.
I have used all three, and all will get the job done effectively.