OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bff2 on 835

Started by Mossberg835, December 06, 2011, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

I have a 835 that came tapped.  I am wanting to put bff2 with marlin base.  The holes line up but screws in reciever are larger than ones for base. Does anyone know size of screws in 835 because the ones in receiver don't have a large enough head to hold base.  Also can I drill base so screw will fit through. Just wonder if yall have met with this issue.  My 835 is a older preported 835.
Thanks

BowBendr

If i'm remembering correctly, my factory tapped 835 uses 8-40 screws. The slave scrrews that are in your receiver holes now have no head. Burris includes the correct screws in the packaging with the base.

gob09

thats funny i have a 935 auto and my marlin base worked perfect just took'em off the  336 and put them on my turrkey gun i would have figured the screw threads for a manufacturer would be pretty much a  standard size

gobbler74

Wes,
I think what he's mentioning is that the factory screws in the gun are straight shank without a conical head to mount the 336..basically just plugs protecting the gun threads....at least thats what I took from it.. mine 835 and 935 are the same way.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gob09

i thought that the hole in the base was smaller than the screws
sorry

paradis1142

tyelper

the screws in the receiver are filler screws the only purpose for them are ,,,,,,,,filler screws,,,,,,,,,