Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

For God So Loved..........11-27-11 .... Sunday Devotional

Started by pappy, November 27, 2011, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I guess the most famous scripture in the Bible is John 3:16, For God so Loved the World, that He Gave His ONLY Begotten SON, that Whosoever believeth in Him, should Not Perish, but have everlasting Life.
As the Christmas season is approaching, let us take the time to reflect on this wonderful gift that God has given to us all.
When I was a child growing up, we had a house full of young 'uns, so Christmas wasn't always so bright, there was the fruit and the cookies, but gifts handed out to nine kids, was a rare sight, sometimes we got group gifts, one fits all type things like ball and bats, or a wagon, once in a while there was the giving of gifts to the older kids, but mostly Christmas was about gathering together and sharing a meal with other family members from afar.
Now, knowing what the true meaning of Christmas is and Knowing the extent that God went to give His best for the worst, makes me think twice before I hold my hand out to receive Christmas Gifts.  Being grateful for what we have, is enough for me, giving means more to me then receiving, hugs are priceless and love is given freely. I guess you could say I am reverting back to my days of youth, when one size fits all, gifts were given, as my heart now offers the true gift of Christmas in the form of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, here it is in a nutshell, the closer we get to December 25th, the crazier some folks get, the rush of buying that certain gift, gets more hectic, and everyone who has taken the true JOY out of Christmas, by replacing it with something in a box, pushing and shoving their way into the homes of loved ones they haven't seen or heard of in months, trying to make an impression through gift giving, need to take notice...........giving material things isn't where it is all at.........giving from the heart a gift of true love as God gave, making a difference in someone's life, by offering a hug of support, a shoulder to lean on, a pat on the back or just a plain old fashioned " I love You" is worth the giving......my wife has hung Mistletoe in our home under the entrance way into the kitchen, it is under this simple hanging plant, that I receive the best gift of all, one giving from her heart, to mine.
GIVE THE GIFT OF GOD THIS CHRISTMAS
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks Jack!!

Gifts of the heart are often rare in today's society.

God Bless,
David B.