OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris fast fire on Encore

Started by paladin, February 16, 2011, 11:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paladin

I was wanting to mount a burris fastfire on my encore but it is not drilled and tapped.
I pulled the rear sight off and found a 410 weaver base that matches the hole pattern and barrel contour.
If I can find the screws that match those threads and are the right length I should be ready to go.
I will post pics if it works.
"have gun-will travel"

Skeeterbait

That should make a slim, trim looking rig.

BurrisOptics

I really could use some pictures of that setup.   ;D

hookedspur

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 17, 2011, 08:27:29 AM
That should make a slim, trim looking rig.
Yea and it would be light !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paladin

I will post pics when I get it. The screws are gonna have to be cut. The base is aluminum.
I was going to cut the bases down but decided to leave it so I can mount the sight further back.
"have gun-will travel"

maustypsu

Quote from: paladin on February 16, 2011, 11:34:08 PM
I was wanting to mount a burris fastfire on my encore but it is not drilled and tapped.
I pulled the rear sight off and found a 410 weaver base that matches the hole pattern and barrel contour.
If I can find the screws that match those threads and are the right length I should be ready to go.
I will post pics if it works.

Please do check back in on this.  I bought a one piece that was supposed to be made for the Encore and it looked like I had to remove the front sight to get it to work.  It was a long base.  Mine is drilled but only has two screws back near the chamber.  That would be fine for the Burris mount so maybe I just need to try the 410 weaver base.  I'm assuming if that fits your front site then it will fit the holes the factory put in my gun behind the front site.

paladin

Rear sight. you are typing front.
I would not assume that they are the same until I saw them.
I found this base in my pile of stuff. I am assuming it is a weaver base.
It has "410" on it. It is about 5 inches long and has 4 holes on one end.
My barrel is not drilled. I am using the rear sight holes.
It will be Monday before I can post pics.
"have gun-will travel"

paladin

This is a pic of the "410" base (i think that is a weaver number) using the two rear sight screw holes.
"have gun-will travel"

paladin

This is a mock up of the barrel with a sight and Gobbler74 Protector. The protector comes in black, I slapped the tan on it. The base is painted also and drying. I will post a pic when the gun is assembled.
"have gun-will travel"

paladin

Painted and mounted. 10 gauge shell for  size comparison.
"have gun-will travel"