turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

lead vs htl

Started by 12 GAUGE, February 16, 2011, 10:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

PICTURES ARE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

A DOUBTING THOMAS NEED NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER TO SEE WHAT #7 HEVI-13'S WILL DO!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: bbcoach on February 17, 2011, 09:04:38 AM

Hey thanks for the kind words.  I hope this thread will help people realize why I recommend Hevi-13 #7's.  Like I said the proof is in the turkey.  That bird never had a chance to survive that pattern.  Anyone that tells you Hevi-13 #7's lack the punch, you can pass this on to them.

Gobble!

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 17, 2011, 09:56:04 AM
Quote from: bbcoach on February 17, 2011, 09:04:38 AM

Hey thanks for the kind words.  I hope this thread will help people realize why I recommend Hevi-13 #7's.  Like I said the proof is in the turkey.  That bird never had a chance to survive that pattern.  Anyone that tells you Hevi-13 #7's lack the punch, you can pass this on to them.

AMEN!!!!!

Reloader

Come on guys, you all oughta know that hevi 7s just bounce off turkeys :D

Kind of reminds me of post on rifle forums where guys think you must use a solid copper bullet to kill a 120lb deer.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Reloader on February 17, 2011, 12:48:45 PM
Come on guys, you all oughta know that hevi 7s just bounce off turkeys :D

Kind of reminds me of post on rifle forums where guys think you must use a solid copper bullet to kill a 120lb deer.

Yep.  I like reading post where guys shoot a turkey with Hevi-13 loads and the turkey act like he was never even hit.  Come on now.  The guy couldn't possibly have missed now could he.  Or maybe he never even took the time to pattern his gun or to pick the right choke.  I just laugh.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

OLE RASPY

YEP, hevi 13 6 shot is what i shoot and the reason i dont shoot 7's is because the store i go to never has them but i guess i could order them online.But 6's are deadly at that range to.

magmaniac190

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 16, 2011, 11:34:20 PM
Quote from: 12 GAUGE on February 16, 2011, 11:24:17 PM
are you shooting 3 in or 3 1/2 in out of your 870 what kind of numbers are you getin

Great question.  And I got the answer.  3" Hevi-13 2oz #7 was what I was using.  Let me show you what kind of pattern that combo put on that bird just so you know it didn't have a prayer.

The only problem I have with them is the velocity, I hunt alot in below 32 degree weather and the POI changes a lot from 50 degree's to below 32. This I experience with #6 so the 7's would be even more.
Thats why I changed to Magnum Blend, a lot more energy and not as much drop.