News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

lead vs htl

Started by 12 GAUGE, February 16, 2011, 10:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 12 GAUGE on February 16, 2011, 11:24:17 PM
are you shooting 3 in or 3 1/2 in out of your 870 what kind of numbers are you getin

Great question.  And I got the answer.  3" Hevi-13 2oz #7 was what I was using.  Let me show you what kind of pattern that combo put on that bird just so you know it didn't have a prayer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Basser69

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 16, 2011, 11:30:28 PM

But there is still going to be those doubters.  It's kind of like you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

Oh if you hold his head down long enough he will drink, just might be too much :whip2:

drum817

PREACH it Bro.....I've been singing the praises of the 7's since they came out & I too know EXACTLY how deadly they are  :smiley-char092:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: knightrider on February 16, 2011, 11:23:27 PM
those pics should be a sticky for those that have doubt like i did, thanks for sharing :icon_thumright:

Now are you ready to make the switch to Hevi-13 #7's?  All you have to do is find a choke that will shoot them which shouldn't be hard.  They pattern better than any load I have tested.  And that is in both of my guns.  

You center a pattern sort of like that one I posted above on a turkeys head and neck and I got money to all takers that every single bird at 50yds will drop like a rock.  It may flop but most birds do.  That bird I shot flopped.  But he was deader than dead before he hit the ground.  You chop a chickens head off and see if it don't flop.   :icon_thumright:

12 GAUGE

thats a nice pattern there
ROLL TIDE

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drum817 on February 16, 2011, 11:38:06 PM
PREACH it Bro.....I've been singing the praises of the 7's since they came out & I too know EXACTLY how deadly they are  :smiley-char092:

Thanks.  I personally see no need to shoot 6's when you can get patterns like this and destruction that wreaks havoc to any gobbler that walks with the 7's. 

12 GAUGE

no doubt about that he will hit the ground and will not get back up till you pick him up
ROLL TIDE

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 12 GAUGE on February 16, 2011, 11:20:40 PM
thats what i'm talkin about thats some nice pics you got there them things blew right through him and they had to go through feathers and everything  if they go through the body part of the turkey that well after going through feathers and the whole body just imagine how easy they will go through his head

Your exactly right.  That birds neck was toast.   :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a few nicer pictures of that bird on how he would probably like to be remembered.   :lol:

12 GAUGE

as long as they load um i will shoot um if i'm gonna put all the time that i do in the woods i want every advantage that i can get alot of folks say they dont shoot past 40 or so if i can set my gun up to where it is deadly at 60 yards than i am going to do so i would hate to know that i put all that time into hunting and when the time came the bird hung up at 55 yards and i could not shoot bacause my gun was not set up to shoot at 55 yards i just dont understand it
ROLL TIDE

12 GAUGE

thats a nice bird if you dont mind me asking what state did you kill him in
ROLL TIDE

ILIKEHEVI-13

I might add I could have waited for this bird to get closer for he stopped at probably about 52yds approx.  He was behind a log.  I made a few yelps on my mouth call and got him to hop up on the log and over it.  I told myself once he clears that log I'm shooting.  He probably would have came right on up to me.  But when you hunt public ground, it only takes a second for another hunter to send this bird packing.  That's why I shot because I knew 100% that he was mine.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

MO  

That probably was one of the best birds taken off that piece of public ground last spring.  I had him weighed at the conservation office on a digital scale.  The scale blinked back and forth from 23.98 to 24.07lbs.  He said mark it at 24lbs.  

12 GAUGE

almost the same thing happened to me but he only stuck his head up above the log and when he did i floged it for him with some 7's
ROLL TIDE

ILIKEHEVI-13

I took a better picture just so you can see the 10" pattern and better visualize how that pattern made that bird feel.   :icon_thumright: