turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

patterns with lead shot?

Started by gob09, November 17, 2011, 07:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

hey guys i just bought a moss. 935 and im setting it up for turkey im not so sure i want to stick with the HTL loads next spring for a few reasons 1. budget 2. i dont real see that much improvement in my patterns with my old gun which was stolen
i bought a  .680 kicks GT from the pawn shop  and plan on buying another choke of some sort after i have a chance to shoot this one
does anyone shoot this setup any thoughts on lead loads that might work well with that gun and choke

gob09

thanks i have some of the rem. turkey loads i will try them out

gob09

did some patterning today with some lead loads at 15,20,and 40 yards.  i used the ammo i already had 3.5 rem. #4's win. supreme 3.5 #5's  out of a kicks GT .680 . i am very pleased with the results of this gun right out of the box.
     poi poa is only  the 15 yrd. shot bored almost a single hole in the target.
this is very exciting for me i've never had a gun that shot this good. i just cant wait to get a reddot on it and some more ammo

thanks for all the info. and dumb questions answered

any other suggestions would be great

LBSS

What type of sight you going with

gob09

not sure yet but after looking alot and and some suggestions from guys on here im likely going with a bushnell trophy
cant afford the high priced stuff

chatterbox

Quote from: gob09 on November 19, 2011, 06:03:15 PM
not sure yet but after looking alot and and some suggestions from guys on here im likely going with a bushnell trophy
cant afford the high priced stuff
You won't be dissapointed. Try looking at www.opticsplanet.com They have the best prices, and free shipping.
I had one of those trophy sights, and thet held up to the heavy recoil quite well. Another sight in that price range is the Mueller holo sight. I also had one of those. Long story short, when I sold my 535 to buy the 835 I have now, I had to let the Mueller sight go as well. Optics planet also carrys them as well.

gob09

thanks i will check it out im also workig on a deal for a trade for a reddot for a choke i have that no longer goes in any guns i have maybe ill end up with two