turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Started by Duke0002, November 15, 2011, 02:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"So I prophesied as I was commanded.  And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone" (Ezekiel 37:7).

The Lord produces unexpected yields of harvest in the least likely spots.  God showed Ezekiel a valley fill with dry, crumbling bones.  The life had gone out of them long ago.  God asked Ezekiel, "Can these bones live?"  It would have been easy to reply, "Not a chance."  But by faith, Ezekiel confessed, "Lord, You know" (v.3).

He sure did!  By the mighty power of His Word, the valley of dry bones became a living and mighty army.  The dry bones came to life!

By this sign, God demonstrated that in bringing us to faith, He raised us from death to life in His Son, Jesus Christ.  We were dead in our trespasses and sins, but by His grace in Christ we are made alive  through His Word.  By His Son's death on the cross, our sins are forgiven.  Through Jesus' glorious resurrection on Easter Sunday, we are assured of life eternal!

Praise be to Him, Who can harvest an eternal crop of souls in the most unlikely of places and circumstances!

-Dale

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great Devotional Dale!!

Sometimes  we have to be reminded it's not our job to do the harvesting, just the planting of the seed through faith.

God Bless,
David B.