Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional....11/13/11 In the Blink of an Eye

Started by pappy, November 13, 2011, 10:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I Corinthians 15:2...... In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed....
There is a moment in time when Christ shall return that will signal the rising up of the dead, those who died in Christ...will be raised incorruptible....( not subject to decay or dissolution or incapable of being bribed or morally corrupted) Oh what a day this will be!!!
Think about this for a moment, everyone we ever said goodbye to, those in Christ, will rise up as if they had never died...no imperfections, or decay, all beautiful and alive!
1 Thessalonians 4:17 .....Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
This verse refers to those who are in Christ...the faithful, the diligent...those believers who hung on and endured life's worse.....now imagine the reunion!!!! Imagine the joy and the excitement.....in this verse there is the word together this not only means ( bunched) but also gives us insight to recognition of those we are standing alongside...will we know those who are there with us? YES !!!!
All of this takes place it is not a story told by old men and women, it is the truth as told through the word of God.....it is not some tv show, it is not some reality show...it is REALITY and will happen!!!!!
NOW I ASK YOU WHAT IS THE WORTH OF BECOMING PART OF THIS GLORIOUS EVENT ? WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP? GOD GAVE UP HIS SON, TO MAKE ALL THIS HAPPEN, JESUS GAVE UP HIS LIFE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN, COUNTLESS BELIEVERS GAVE UP THE FALSE PROMISES THAT THE WORLD HAD TO OFFER SO THAT THEY COULD TAKE PART.....ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP THE LIES AND DECEITS SATAN HAS TO OFFER ... ARE YOU WILLING TO MAKE THAT 360 TURN AROUND TO JOIN CHRIST AND YOUR LOVED ONES ????
Let me remind you of one more thing before I hit the post button.....look at the top verse again...."In a moment, the twinkling of an eye".....friends, this is as fast as it gets....you have had your whole life to make Christ part of your life, you have heard or read the word preached and you know that a decision has to be made...have you made it or are you still waiting for that "special" moment....realize this, when Jesus comes busting through those clouds and you haven't already made that wonderful choice, in the twinkling of an eye it will be all over, but the crying....YOUR LIFE CAN BE CHANGED FOREVER IN AN INSTANT.....take the time to call out and receive Jesus as your Savior ....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Thank you, Jack.  Nothing is more urgent in life than repenting and believing the Gospel of salvation in Christ.   :jesus-cross:

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)