North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" 11/07/11 devotional

Started by pappy, November 05, 2011, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"  Phillipians 4 :13
When I think of this verse I remember how much I couldn't do without Christ in my life.....some would say that the first five words in this verse would be an indication of arrogance, on behalf of the writer, and if the verse stopped there it would be as such, but......the next two words in the verse....through Christ....takes away any intent of self righteousness or boastfulness, and reminds us that we cannot possibly accomplish what we do during our everyday experiences if it were not for Christ.
For instance I could not effectively or thoroughly know my  lost condition nor could I have any realization of victory over sin. I could not understand God's will for me or escape the upcoming wrath falling victim to my sins.
Confessing Christs' presence  in my life by living faithfully according to His words, helps me to remain humble and under His shadow of Grace and rely upon His strength when the worse seems to bust down my door where peace once resided, when sickness wants to run rampant in my life, when depression wants me to drown in my sorrows or fears, when the tides of the storm want to wash me into the seas of despair, it is His strength that holds me, safely to the shores of faith, it is His strength that helps me to hang on  to the life ring of faith, it is His strength that holds the door shut ( through faith ), so that peace in my life remains intact.
So, here it is in a nutshell, Jesus himself said in John 15:5 "without me you can do nothing..."  pretty evident and simply put. In Ephesians 2 : 12 we are reminded of being "without hope" being without Christ, so it is without question that if we want to live on this world with hope , we need to live Philippians 4:13 to a tee.........
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Jack !

God Bless You My Friend !   :jesus-cross:

Ricky
Vaturkey

BOFF

What a wonderful strength we have through Christ, with the peace he gives us for our everyday battles!!  :jesus-cross:

Thanks Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)