OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 11/04/2011

Started by BOFF, November 04, 2011, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, it's been a long, busy week. A lot on my "to do list" and not enough hours in the day to get it all done. It's been a good week though, with lessons learned. This Wednesday, God spoke to me on humility. I was operating the backhoe, moving some wind thrown timber which was blocking the roads on our place, with my father and one of our friends. I was moving up to a broken oak tree top in the road, with the backhoe. Dad had already removed the two chain saws from the front bucket, and I told him to wait about cutting the top, as I thought I could move it without him needing to cut anything.

I got busy with the backhoe, moving the front bucket, and watching the back bucket as I cut in between the trees. I was able to move the treetop without any difficulty, and easily cleared the road of all the broken branches, trash, leaves and debris. I was rather proud of myself, and the ability to clean up the area so quickly and efficiently. I got rather "Big Headed" as I finished up with the work, knowing dad and our friend was watching me.  As I was basking in the good work done, dad and our friend moved up the road on the four wheelers to the next tree in the road, after they placed the chainsaws back in the front bucket of the backhoe. I started after them, still basking the in good work, and noticed an area not clean enough on the side of the road.

"I can easily handle that"  I thought to my self. So I moved over to the side, and pushed the trash off the road, and backed up. *CRUNCHHHHHH!!!!!*

UGH OOOOO!!!!! Then that nauseated feeling jumped up from the stomach to the throat. That orange color in front of the tire wasn't leaves, but BOTH saws. I ran over BOTH saws!!  AUGHHH!!! I got off the backhoe to pull from the earth, two broken, mashed, and now, expensive paper/saw weights. To make matters worse, I had to confront dad, who in the end, didn't say anything other than "Well I guess your getting senile like me, and forgetting things."  (I would of rather him been a little more upset, but I guess he knew I'd beat myself up enough).

In the end, I thanked God for the mishap: For no one getting hurt; for having the equipment to ruin in the first place; having a little money to see about getting it fixed; and reminding me, a focus on self, is trouble.

Proverbs 11:2(ERV)

2 Proud and boastful people will be shamed, but wisdom stays with those who are modest and humble.

Heavenly father thank you for the reminder this past week, to keep my focus on you, and to remain humble in all situations. Thank you for the cool weather this week and the beautiful, vibrant color of leaves you have made during this time of year. Help us to remain focused on you, and your plans for each of us. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!   

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thanks, David.  Great reminder that we need every single day.

Roostem33

Great reminder David!! I think we have all done something like this.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)