turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 10/28/2011 "What's said, in your talk?"

Started by BOFF, October 28, 2011, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Sorry to be late today.

In reading today, (Luke 12:8-9)

Luke 12:8-9 (NIV1984)

8 "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. 9 But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.

I pondered what had been spoken by me to those I came in contact with in this past week. Did I tell others about my Lord and Savior? Did I tell them about His love and salvation? But wait a minute!! The scripture reads "acknowledge". Acknowledge is not just using one's voice, but any form of communication, such as facial gestures, actions, and tone of voice!!

Ughhh Oh!! Tone of voice.......... facial expressions?

I didn't do as good of a job as I thought. Some of my facial expressions, and my tone of voice, in response to those direct questions, didn't represent a Christ-like attitude. Yes, a Christ like attitude!! We also acknowledge our Lord and Savior by the life we live, and the those things seen by others, in our lives.

Much like the scripture/devotional written by Wendell this week:

1 Corinthians 10:31(NLV)
31 So if you eat or drink or whatever you do, do everything to honor God.

Everything we do and say, acknowledges who is our Lord.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Help us to acknowledge you in all ways, including voice, actions, gestures, facial expressions, and our daily life. Let our ways, be your ways. Guide us with the Holy Spirit, and use our talents and abilities to glorify you. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002