OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Flight of Old 666, AN INCREDIBLE STORY OF BRAVERY

Started by redarrow, October 28, 2011, 09:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

"Flight of Old 666"

The Flight of Old 666, AN INCREDIBLE STORY OF BRAVERY

For those of us who were born and lived through WWII, this will put a lump in your throat. For those who were afterward, it's a valuable historical film of how
dedicated our armed forces are...no matter what war it is.

Please take the time to watch this video. It is a powerful statement of heroism against impossible odds. Two Congressional Medal of Honor were awarded during this mission so long ago.... It is up to us to remind the Americans coming now to maturity, of  this great bravery by these great guys....

Heroism at it's best!
You may have to copy/paste ?
 http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/morrow.html

Hognutz

Great video, Red. It never ceases to amaze me how brave those young men were..It is a miracle that they could ever return to a ''normal'' life after the war/wars were over. The veterans of this nation do not get the entitlement that they deserve. These soldiers, all soldiers, are heros, and need to be treated as such. Everyday, not just on Veteran's Day. May God bless all veteran's and their families, for allowing me to sit here and type out my feelings in absolute freedom..Thanks for sharing that..  Mike
                                                                                  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

Great post that brings back a lot of memories. My dad was building repairing and doing experimental work at Douglas and other aircraft plants in southern CA at this time I was one year old in 1943. I grew up on stories of the repair and rebuilding of our fleet and how we developed weapons to fight back. Most recently my neighbor Mr. Ted Bullock (recently passed) showed me his memorabilia from that time. He was a fighter pilot during the war and flew one of our first jets. The same type of jet is at our airport with his name on it a fitting reminder of his life in the air. Thanks for the post.

TnTurk

Great story Red. Makes one swell with American pride.   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions