turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Haint Gobble call

Started by sugarray, October 25, 2011, 12:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

From Down n Dirty Outdoors.  Anyone have any experience yet?  Anyone else seen the promo?  Any thoughts?

http://www.downndirtyoutdoors.com/haint.aspx

a-j calls

$60 no thanks. It haint for me.

guesswho

I saw the promo and it sounds more like a feeding duck call to me than a gobble.  I'm sure they will sell a bunch of them though.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ctwny1

No thanks...to dangerous gobbling in the woods in my opinion. I don't know about anybody else, but when I hear a gobble...I start to hunt that sound by moving in. Somebody is going to get shot using that thing. Not worth
taking the chance.

stinkpickle

Quote from: ctwny1 on October 25, 2011, 01:54:26 PM
No thanks...to dangerous gobbling in the woods in my opinion. I don't know about anybody else, but when I hear a gobble...I start to hunt that sound by moving in. Somebody is going to get shot using that thing. Not worth
taking the chance.

Yep...I'm sure it'll work fine for calling in trespassers.  No thanks.

MarkJM

I wonder if they make a costume to where when using it? :turkey2:
MuellerCustomCalls

woodchip

I have seen the advertisement and a couple shows where they use them.  Sometimes it sounds good(really good) and sometimes it doesn't.  I would like to hear one first hand.  I think the TV cameras distort it alot.  But I will probably continue to use a tube when I do want to gobble.

HogBiologist

Didnt watch the clip, but I use a gobble shaker sometimes.  Good for angering a tom and pinning down a hunter trying to cut me off.  Funny as heck to watch an insensitive hunter hit the dirt while he is trying to cut me off.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Roostem33

For 60.00 bucks, no thanks  I'll keep using Pappy's Tube Call.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Gus_13

I like it.  I hunt mostly private land that is not suppose to have any other hunters on it as it is my family farm.  I do a gobble call with my mouth (not very loud) and it brings gobblers from all directions to destroy a decoy.  I'm going to order one.  But I have seen them on some sites for 49.99.  Not bad to me as I pay the same for duck calls and good pot calls.
Strut. Gobble. Die.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: MarkJM on October 25, 2011, 02:30:37 PM
I wonder if they make a costume to where when using it? :turkey2:

Bring on the pain :fud:

ctwny1

QUOTE "private land that is not suppose to have any other hunters on it".

Gus_13,
My answer to that is "Your Putting your life in somebodies elses hands".
It's your life...Go for it...

Gus_13

Quote from: ctwny1 on December 16, 2011, 11:39:25 AM
QUOTE "private land that is not suppose to have any other hunters on it".

Gus_13,
My answer to that is "Your Putting your life in somebodies elses hands".
It's your life...Go for it...

I get what you are saying and I respect it. I'm just not sure how gobbling puts you at any more risk than any other calls. Elk hunters arent shot by sounding like elk. I just don't get how a gobble calls make hunting more dangerous.  
Strut. Gobble. Die.

scott ellis

Well.....the scary thing is, most folks cant tell the difference between a real bird and a tube call, voice gobble, mouth call gobble, shaker etc.  That alone is what makes it a little risky. I cant speak for everyone, but I know for a fact two notes in to any of the above listed calls and I can tell it's not a real tom.....  That being said I have killed a TON of gobblers over the years by challeging a stubborn, hung up tom with a gobble.  Just be very wary of your surroundings....

To answer your original post on your thoughts..I havent ran one or heard it in person, but it has a pretty good sound on the videos...

just my .02

se

gob09

too rich for my blood but im cheap and use a hand me down from my brother
i hunt a lot of fields and  dont use one very much at all but i like to have one just in case a least till i learn how to gobble on a trumpet