Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday 10-23-11 Together We Stand.......

Started by pappy, October 23, 2011, 12:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

It is no surprise, that today there is more division among the people then ever before.....from politics to sports....as a nation or individual. The devil's playground is wide open!
Saturday the grand kids came and spent the whole night, it was a blast....but I noticed as they grew tired they began to bicker at one another, fussing about little things, and then it all culminated sleeping on the fold out couch....both of my precious grandchildren falling a sleep in my arms, peace at last, quiet and joyful peace.
In Romans 13: 5,6 it says......" Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be like minded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
The world is full of impatient people, we gripe if we wait 5 minutes in McDonalds....we no longer take the time to hand wash our vehicles we had rather go to a drive though....if the preacher preaches more then 20 minutes we become bored and frustrated.....this impatience has caused a division between us and the peace that God has to offer!!!! We find our greatest peace through Christ, who offers us a revitalization through His Glory and love, just like the Grand kids, when they got tired they became impatient, it wasn't until they felt safe in my arms that they began to calm down and were soon a sleep....at peace with one another...we also, as a nation of impatient people, become irritable and tired of what is going on around us that we bicker and fight over nothing, and it will not be peaceful until we become "like minded one toward another according to Christ Jesus" then we will be able to utilize our mouths by glorifying God instead of fighting amongst ourselves.....let us come together unified in Christ, let's fall a sleep in His arms, rested and assured of the true peace that only comes though Him.....oh by the way......I woke up late this morning, the Grand Kids let me sleep in.......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

O' what a wonderful peace, our Savior has provided us!!

Thanks Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The ultimate peaceful moment, Thanks so much Jack!!

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)