OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box Call Maker Recommendations/Help?

Started by Jayhawkeye, February 16, 2011, 01:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

Some good ones mentioned already.  Here are a few of more.

Tommy "Slick" Gilmer
Tom Bruning
Robert Clift
Tim Clayton
Chad Zutter
Scott Berry
Billy Bush
Richard Helsby
Ed Terefencko
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Gobble4me

Iowaturkey

mudhen

Just ordered my 2nd Albert Paul today  ;D

But, looks like there are many other good ones around; Halloran, Dad's, SS, Bullock, etc.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

mmims

Richard Helsby
Jeff McKamey
Tim Clayton
Gary Midgett
Marlin Watkins
Steve Mann
Lamar Williams
Al & Josh Shoemaker
John Eddleman
Dave Hodgins
Dan Wittenburg

Have all of these and they are as good as you can get! Any one is a true turkey call!

hunter22

I have calls from about all the guys mentioned so far. One name I do not see that I consider one of the very best is Darrin Dawkins. His walnut over mahogany short box will be in my vest opening morning this spring.

tominator

Tim Sandford  RutnStrut game calls made me a great box call.
Smoke Em When Ya See Em

shootumindaface

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on February 17, 2011, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: drum817 on February 16, 2011, 05:25:51 PM
Al Shoemaker.... SS Custom Calls..... You will not be sorry !!!   http://www.sscustomcalls.com/

My sentiments exactly! I'm not a collector, and don't have any boxes by any of our folks here at OG.  That said, I know Al and Josh, and their work speaks for itself.  I have carried their calls for the past 3-4 years with good results. 
If you want a box that sounds like a turkey look no further..

smurf

One name not mentioned is BowRebel, James Overbaugh, he makes a sweet box.  Have one of his Tim's also and like some said Pappy makes a killer also.  You can't go wrong with any of the names mentioned.   Just came back from Pappy Jack's shop yesterday and he made me a killer box. 
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

crackshot

AL SHOEMAKER SS Custom Calls. He made me a butternut, walnut call, that is HANDS DOWN, the BEST call I own. If you want a for sure call that performs he would be who I would call.

chufagold

chufagold

jshively

Another vote for Albert Paul.  Just something in that box that the gobblers love.

Hillbilly280

Tim Bullock No Bull Custom Calls trb136 on here makes a KILLER call.He will work with you and get what you want.Nice guy to deal with.He makes a PEE WEE box call that is AWESOME.

Bobby
VANOVER GAME CALLS