Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 10/21/2011 "The 6th Commandment, have you broken it?"

Started by BOFF, October 20, 2011, 10:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Our pastor has been reviewing the Ten Commandments lately, and I have been surprised at what I did not know. This past Wednesday, the 6th commandment was discussed:

Exodus 20:13 (NIV)
13 "You shall not murder."

If you were asked if you had broken the above commandment, what would your answer be? Honestly, mine was "no".

I learned however, my answer was incorrect. Though I had not committed homicide, suicide, or feticide (an act that causes the death of a fetus), I had committed deicide (the killing of a god). Deicide, as in the crucifixion of Christ. I, due to my sins, caused the crucifixion of Christ. I committed murder!!

Although I was fully aware, Christ died for MY sins, the lesson about the six commandment, just brought it closer to my heart. So........................................

How would you answer the question now, : "Have you broken the 6th commandment 'You shall not murder?' "

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love, grace, and sacrifice of Christ for our sins. We thank you for the many blessings of joy, happiness, shelter, food, clothes, strengths, talents, families, and our eternal home which is prepared for us. Make us mindful of the needs of others. Help us to follow the Holy Spirit, and let us be aware of the plans you have made for us.   

We praise you, and thank you for your forgiveness.

For it is in Jesus' precious and Holy name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Great point, David.  The Commandments are so deep in application.