North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 10-16-11 Going Two Ways on a One Way Street

Started by pappy, October 16, 2011, 10:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

James 1 : 8  ... " A double minded man is unstable in his ways."
A double-minded man, a man of two souls, who has one for earth, and another for heaven; who wishes to secure both worlds; he will not give up earth, and he doesn't want to let the thoughts of heaven go.
This was a usual term among the Jews, to express the man who attempted to worship God (spirit), and yet retains the love of the creature (flesh). As human, we constantly battle between the spirit (God's ways) and the flesh (Worldly ways) ... even as a believer, this war goes on and on, and until we as believers take the final leap of faith, and completely live our lives under the roof of the Lord, we will continue to look at life here on earth through those Rose Colored Glasses....and tend to go with the flow, and let me tell you this, there is no more serious threat to a person's eternal state then something as seemingly mediocre as having a double minded attitude.
A man of this character is continually distracted; wanting to be upright and yet, finds the opportunity to "live on the edge of Hell's path" by simply rejecting the very fine thread that separated eternal peace or eternal damnation. They might think, "This surely wouldn't send me to Hell." or " This ain't as bad as a REAL SIN." 
These thoughts are seriously dangerous.
Such persons could make no progress in Divine things. This is why it is dangerous....because we can become complacent in our faith, that we tend to forget about how important it is to be 100% faithful in order to retain our eternal peace with our Savior Jesus Christ.
Does this mean then that we can't sin? No...........because things happen, but in order to keep secure in our walk with the Lord, we MUST continually check our state of mind, and our spiritual state by always be willing to ask God for forgiveness when we step across the line, sincerely and humbly, knowing our place, when it comes to living life here on this earth.
Let me express this with all my heart, keep your eyes fixed on Heaven, and this will definitely help you turn away from the things of this world.........
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)