Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 10/14/2011 "The Debate Team"

Started by BOFF, October 13, 2011, 10:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Just thinking today, after reading scripture, how some people like to debate things. In analysing this, I began to realize, how often, a debate turns into an argument or quarrel. Ever notice one who loves to argue ANY point, a natural debater? By definition, "debate" reads: To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

Often, the arguments, or quarrels are trivial in nature, but detrimental in the long run, of one's witness. Proverbs reads of the true nature, and causes of these quarrels.

Proverbs 13:10 (NIV1984)

10 Pride only breeds quarrels,
  but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Nothing wrong with a healthy debate, but would you be willing to admit you were wrong, or even be able to see you were wrong, if the other person's debate was factual, and true? Are you open enough to admit, you need advice? Are you open enough, to hear the Lord's voice as He calls your name?

Heavenly Father, hear our prayers and praises. We thank you for your love, grace, and salvation through your son Jesus. Thank you for your word, and guidance through the Holy Spirit. Forgive me of my debatable nature. Help us to hear your voice, and help us to be humble in Spirit, seeking your advice. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great reminder David, Thanks!!

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

vaturkey

Well Said !  Thanks Boff !  :jesus-cross:

vaturkey  :newmascot:
Vaturkey