Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday Devotional 10-02-11 GOD HELP ME........

Started by pappy, October 01, 2011, 10:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

God Help Me
Each one of us has a particular level at which our emotions overflow and we cry out, "God help me!" We may have just received some disappointing results to a medical test or some devastating news concerning a family member. At this point, our emotions are a mess!
We don't know if we're angry or panicked or scared, but we do know that we are fearful of the future and the unknown it holds. . .and as we realize that we can't continue on our own strength, we call out...GOD HELP ME...  (PSALM 131: 1-3)
1  LORD, my heart is not haughty,
nor mine eyes lofty:neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself,
as a child that is weaned of his mother:my soul is even as a weaned child.
3 Let Israel hope in the LORD
from henceforth and for ever.
Sometimes the emotions we face during uncertain times are too much for us to handle, those who depend upon God know all too well,that it is during these times that He will be there when we need Him the most.  "Lord, my heart is not haughty, (Scornfully and condescendingly proud); in otherwords "I am not too proud to recognize I can't handle this", myself... and as life goes on, so do the circumstances filled with things we cannot control, and this causes emotional runaways....but if we remain level headed, spiritually, we feel confident in handling it all over to God.
When I was faced with heart surgery, my fears were running rampant at first, "who would care for my family, my wife, my children, who would look after the church, why am I gonna miss my grandchildern growing up...." then it hit me, I can't control what is about to happen, only God can and His plan is best, for me and those around me.
As David says in verse three, Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and forever....put our hopes in God, trust in Him when  we can't trust in ourselves. No situation or circumstance is Bigger the He is............
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

BOFF

Thank for the encouragement Jack.

Well needed this week!!

God Bless, my brother!!

Love in Christ,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)