Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 9/30/2011 "Following Directions"

Started by BOFF, September 29, 2011, 11:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This past weekend, my wife and I worked on some fall decorations around the house. For one of the projects, pumpkin topiaries, "broken bricks" were recommended to keep the pumpkins in one place. In the reading of the instructions, which were glanced over by one of the two spouses, it was only observed  "bricks" were needed, due to lack of attention. It all ended well, but as I was thinking about how it could have ended up with large bricks, instead of pieces of bricks, the Holy Spirit spoke to me about how important it is to read FULLY, God's instruction book, The Holy Bible.

We are given God's Holy Word to read FULLY. Meaning, every word, every sentence, every phase, every letter. How important it is to study and comprehend everything, instead of glancing over, and skimming thorough the pages. How easy it is to misread, add, or delete important things, when we do not pay attention to what we are reading. We also at times may not read from start to finish, which helps us to understand the reasoning. It is just as important to understand why we do something, as it is to, "just do it".

2 Timothy 3:16-18
New International Version (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The verse does not read "some scripture", but "All scripture".  

Are you noticing the little things? Are you following the directions FULLY?

Heavenly Father, thank you for speaking to me on the matter of needing to do a better job of reading your word, and following your directions completely. Forgive me of my lack of attention to the small details, and the failing of reading from start to finish. Let my eyes, and heart, be focused on the whole Word, rather than individual, incomplete pieces. Thank you for your love, grace, and salvation through your son Jesus Christ. For it is in His precious and Holy name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great lesson David, thanks so much for the reminder!!! :jesus-cross:

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)