turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sorry........ I just got here!

Started by mommicked, September 29, 2011, 10:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommicked

New to this  forum, My name is Randy and I've been hunting since 1977.  I tried Turkey hunting  in the 80s and about gave up because they were few and far between at all the places I hunted. There are definately more birds now, and EVERY bird I've worked  OR  taken has been extremely satisfying to me. I used to love to hunt deer best on the ground still hunting or stalking,  but that method has gotten harder as the woods have shrunk and pressure has increased drastically in my area over the years.  I've killed alot of deer on the ground at short distances, some trophies, but the thrill and suspense of a gobbler in close, in the woods, is more intense than any big buck IMO. I look forward to learning more about hunting these magnificent birds on this forum and I seem to learn something new each time I hunt them. :happy0064:
Learning something new, on every hunt.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

:hello99: :welcomeOG: I am sure you will like it here. Lots of hunting nuts here

drenalinld

Welcome to OG. I agree with you, I've kill a lot of gobblers and a few good bucks and I will take a strutting gobbler in close over a trophy buck encounter every day. You will like it here.

dirt road ninja

:welcomeOG:

I still like taking deer with my bow as much as turkeys. The turkey hunting is much more fun and we don't have to sweat the wind.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

turkey slayer

spurman

:hello99: Welcome Randy. If you like talking about turkey's and love chasing old longbeards you came to the right place.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

trkehunr93

Sully53

vaturkey

Vaturkey

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

GobblerChaser

From another new guy, welcome aboard. Looking forward to sharing turkey stories with you.