turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotion - Wednesday - 9/28/11

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 28, 2011, 10:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

My laptop died and I am unable to retrieve my Bible study links, so here is the daily devotional for today from Michael Youssef.

September 28, 2011

A Humble Prayer

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, understood her place and purpose in this world. She knew any grace and favor she found were a gift of the Lord, not something engineered by her own abilities. In her famous prayer, often called The Magnificat, Mary humbly praises God for choosing her to give birth to His Son.

"And Mary said: 'My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me—holy is his name. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty. He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers'" (Luke 1:46-55).

Even though her unwed pregnancy could have led to execution in her society, she praised God. She maintained confidence in God alone and rejoiced at the opportunity to serve Him. She did not focus on herself but on magnifying the Lord. She praised Him for His mercy and favor, not her own strengths. She acknowledged His faithfulness, not her own accomplishments. Mary's deepest concern was the glory of God, not her own safety or circumstances.

How humble is your heart before God? Do you continue to claim credit for your successes or do you give glory to God for everything you have?

Prayer: God, give me a humble heart that is more concerned with Your glory than my own safety or circumstances. Amen.

"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted" (Matthew 23:12).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Amen Wendell, thanks for sharing!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)