turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Started by Duke0002, September 26, 2011, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"I lift up my eyes to the hills... My help comes from the Lord" (Psalm 121:1-2).

Driving on the highway we've all seen crosses set up on hilltops.  Sometimes there are 3 crosses to remind us of Mount Calvary, with the center cross highlighted to emphasize Jesus.   I thoroughly appreciate these wonderful displays.  They are constant reminders of God's salvation and help for mankind.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills... My help comes from the Lord."   No matter what condition we find ourselves in or what events are going on in the world, there is one constant -God's love and salvation for mankind in Christ.   

Our Heavenly Father sent His Son to the cross to make all things right in the world, and by His Holy Spirit He brings us humbly to our knees.  Only when He gives us eyes of faith and focuses them on the cross, do we see that all things have become right between God and us. 

"God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them."  ....Please, Lord, may all who see those hilltop crosses, see their eternal reconciliation with You!

-Dale

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)