North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 9/23/2011 " Being Content"

Started by BOFF, September 22, 2011, 10:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Philippians 4:12-13.

12 I know how to get along with little and how to live when I have much. I have learned the secret of being happy at all times. If I am full of food and have all I need, I am happy. If I am hungry and need more, I am happy. 13 I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength.

I have often heard this verse spoken by others, in relation to achieving, completing, all things. Usually, things which seem impossible to do. However, in reviewing the above verses, we need to understand something else. One, with Christ, not only may achieve all things, through Him, but be content, in ALL situations. Being content, with peace, is something a lot of people are unsuccessfully searching for in today's society. Unfortunately, so many people are searching for the wrong things; money, power, fame, automobiles, even gobblers, and deer. But even when successful, contentment is still unobtainable. True contentment is found, living in Christ, regardless of the situations.

Do you know Him? Is he a friend you talk with, everyday? If he is, when is the last time you introduced Him to someone else? Someone searching for money, power, fame, and success.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for your Salvation through your son Jesus Christ. Thank you for the many blessings you have given us, particularly the contentment, in all things, through you. Help us to spread the good news, through not only our voices, but actions as well. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!   

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

turkey slayer