OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

did anyone ever use the mueller for anything else other than turkeys ??????

Started by archery1, September 19, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archery1

wondering on shooting dove, clay birds etc ..with my mueller sight
anyone have experience with it ????????
Take a kid hunting

sugarray

I think it would be great, I know some do.  I'm going to put mine on my muzzle loader for the season after I get it back from gobbler74.  Will be great out to 100 yds, I think.

mossy835

Like the post above a friend of mine after shooting my shotgun at the sight in on his ranch wants to put one on his BP rifle.

FullChoke

I just installed one on my 870 20 gauge and got it sighted in two weeks ago. I then made my own comb riser out of an old neoprene scuba wetsuit. Used it for the first time this weekend hunting squirrels. I wasn't used to aiming without my cheek firmly planted down on the stock and missed my first one, but figured out how to trust it and started hammering them. Small learning curve, but I think it will work out for me just fine.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mossy835

Quote from: FullChoke on October 17, 2011, 02:36:38 PM
I just installed one on my 870 20 gauge and got it sighted in two weeks ago. I then made my own comb riser out of an old neoprene scuba wetsuit. Used it for the first time this weekend hunting squirrels. I wasn't used to aiming without my cheek firmly planted down on the stock and missed my first one, but figured out how to trust it and started hammering them. Small learning curve, but I think it will work out for me just fine.

FullChoke
That makes sense to me because if it is accurate on a target it would also be accurate on anything else. Have not tried it on flying game like pheasant but it should work.

gobbler74

Quote from: sugarray on September 25, 2011, 07:18:32 PM
I think it would be great, I know some do.  I'm going to put mine on my muzzle loader for the season after I get it back from gobbler74.  Will be great out to 100 yds, I think.

Hey buddy,
It'll be headed your way this week..thanks for the trial.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

ctwny1

I'm using it for deer hunting on my Browning "GOLD". Now all I need to do is see a deer and don't yea know their not moving like they should be. I will be also using it for turkey this coming Spring.