turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

An update on 2 prayer requests

Started by Beretta686, September 19, 2011, 01:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

The first prayer request was for my friend Jim Cantrell who had throat cancer then a massive stroke after surgery. Jim is still making progress, it is slow, but he is making progress. He still can't walk and is having a tough time trying to talk. I know it is very frustrating for him because he can see you, hear you, and understand, but he it is hard for him to communicate. His right side of his body 90 % paralyzed and I can see the atrophy in his muscles. Please keep praying for Jim in his recovery.

The second prayer request was for my daughter's best friends father, Robert Dale. He was in a horrific accident, hit by a drunk driver, and given less than 10% chance of survival. My daughters friend is also named Jessica (like my daughter) so we refer to he Friend as JDale. JDale's dad suffered bleeding on the brain, broken neck, broken back, broken arm, and broken jaw/cheek bone. The accident was 3 days before the girls graduation. In August Rob was moved to The Shepard's Center in Atlanta. The Shepard Center is an awesome rehab hospital. The first of September Robert walked out the door to come home. I wish I had the link to the video to show everyone, it will bring tears to your eyes. He still has some disability and is rehabbing every day, but he is at home. With any brain injury there are many different issues and each one is different.

JDale and her family have been helping her dad each day. One of the problems with the brain injury is his mood swings. Friday night JDale called my daughter crying and upset because her father was yelling at her. She had even packed a backpack and was walking down the road. She knows she is welcome at our house anytime, myself or my daughter would come get her. I got the phone from my daughter and was able to talk to her. Her mother was at work. I reminded her of being at my house the night of the accident and wondering if her father would even survive. I then told her to be happy that he is still here being a grumpy jerk as she called him. I also told her I know it is hard and that it is the brain injury and not her that is making him mad. (he wants to do things that he can't). We had some other words and then I asked if she wanted my daughter or I to come and get her. She told me no sir, she was back home standing in her front yard. She told me thanks and that it is a miracle that her dad is still here.

Please keep JDale, her family and her father in your prayers. Please pray to give them the strength to continue with the comfort and help Rob needs and his continued recovery.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

drenalinld

Thanks for the update. I remember well the day of that accident and your follow-up posts. I will pray for continued recovery for both of these gentleman.

My dad had some minor strokes several years back. His personality has changed for good and bad. He is now much more likely to choose to do things for enjoyment than he was before which is great, but he also deals with so much frustration of difficulty speaking and dexterity with his hands that he can be on edge at times is rude to his family. This is a total 180 from his behavior pre-strokes. Just as you stated we just have to be happy to have him at all.

Once again, they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Roostem33

Glad to hear the good news!! My prayers are still with Jim and the Dale family.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)