OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got a few out of the shop today....

Started by pappy, September 13, 2011, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Eastern Red Cedar from Chief's Homestead with Black walnut paddle from my back yard....

Wormy American Chestnut from Virginia old homestead with Black Walnut paddle from my yard.

Alaskan Yellow Cedar with Wild Cherry paddle from Pennsylvania

Super tight Mahogany from Chief's special stash.....tube caller

African Blackwood striker...just doing something between the others...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ChiefBubba

Pappy those look great. I'm so happy you could make something out of them. Now the big question How do they sound? I hope better then the last Homestead caller.  :lol:. BTW I was dying down here watching you post all those calls you been making and wondering about these ones.  :lol: Chief.

kenturkey89

Brian

vaturkey

Vaturkey

pappy

Quote from: ChiefBubba on September 13, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
Pappy those look great. I'm so happy you could make something out of them. Now the big question How do they sound? I hope better then the last Homestead caller.  :lol:. BTW I was dying down here watching you post all those calls you been making and wondering about these ones.  :lol: Chief.

Hahaha...I figured you were getting antsy.....they sound sweet I haven't figured out what to do with the Magnolia yet, it has really cracked up.....maybe some tooth picks?
tel...573-380-8206

ChiefBubba

Quote from: pappy on September 13, 2011, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: ChiefBubba on September 13, 2011, 09:24:28 PM

Hahaha...I figured you were getting antsy.....they sound sweet I haven't figured out what to do with the Magnolia yet, it has really cracked up.....maybe some tooth picks?

Pappy I can send you some more of it. I'll split it up between you and Scott. Oh by the way I see you mention the Mahogany was really tight and I was talking to a guy here at work and he got a piece of it too and he's thinking it's so hard that it might be Iron wood. Take a look and see what you think. Chief.

pappy

Not ironwood, the smell is completely mahogany, ironwood smells bad like rough medicine, the grain is close, but too consistent and the coloring is off, at least on the piece you sent me.
tel...573-380-8206

ChiefBubba

Okay, I thought it was Mahogany also but maybe a really old piece that's gotten really dry maybe? Chief.

turkey slayer

handcannon

Really great looking dally Jack. It's been a while since I've seen you put out some boxes. Keep it up bud.

pappy

Thanks for all the comments, the Wormy Chestnut with Black Walnut paddle box is headed to the classies.......everything else is already gone....pappy
tel...573-380-8206