Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

9-11-11 Devotional What will you do?

Started by pappy, September 11, 2011, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ten years have passed since the Grand Ol' United States of America was attacked on her glorious shores! Ten years of fear, wondering if "they" would come back, lives have never been the same, ten years of tears have filled the homes of those who lost loved ones to overflowing. The events of our past DO NOT have the right to shape the anticipation of our future...look at the children of Israel.
They were living in fear, they were subjected to hopelessness day after day, the thought of leaving their past behind seemed so far out of reach, yet God intervened and their future was on the horizon!
At the edge of the Red Sea, with the whole of Egypt on their heels, they stood in fear, impatient and ready to accept the fact that their past is about to catch up to them, but, Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14 : 13,14
Remember how the churches throughout the country filled the coming Sunday after 911? In our little church there was standing room only! People stood like the children of Israel in fear, panicked and full of despair and searching out God for an answer to their dilemma.  Ten years later the words of Moses still echo through the word of God..STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD... we are an impatient people, we are a people struggling with our past, after trying everything WE can, let us take the time to wait on God and have Him reveal His plan, after-all, our future is in His hands, not the hands of Terrorists.
I ask you today, after ten years what will you do? Will you allow the fear of attack rule your life? Will you live in the past or move on into the future? Will you presume that every thing is just fine and live your life unguarded? Or will you, like Moses, realize that God has a plan, and that God will intervene? Will you like the children of Israel, trust in God? We are not invulnerable to attack, yet we have security in God. I would suggest to you that you take the time to reflect the past, mourn for the loss, help those who are hurting and then continue on through life with God and His guidance and His strength, let the past fuel your future, don't let it oppress or command it.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer

Duke0002

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)