turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

made a lanyard for myself.

Started by savduck, September 04, 2011, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

A few ideas Ive had in my head all rolled into one lanyard. Im gonna call it the Run and Gun. I have something i made 10 years ago that is similar, but this is my leather version. i like to have calls readily available. This lanyard gives me two locators, my trumpet, and my tube call...all around my neck. I also weaved in a pair of spurs, and added a braid on top of the neck to support the weight. It may not be for everyone, but Ill have mine around my neck this spring.

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I like it! Gotta figure out what my "must haves" around my neck will be before Spring so you can make me one.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: drenalinld on September 04, 2011, 05:12:39 PM
I like it! Gotta figure out what my "must haves" around my neck will be before Spring so you can make me one.
Same here. Nice job Del. Love how you intergrated the spurs into it! :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

savduck

Im trying to figure out a way to add in a pouch for mouth calls. Im still trying to figure out how to do it and keep it classy looking.

The next one of these I make, Im going to weave two 1/2 black key rings in where the locator loops go and pick up some heavy duty black snap swivels. Ill put the locator drops on the black snap swivels and then supply two more whistle clips with the leather drops. That way you can have two more calls in your vest to switch out as you needed. The snap swivels will allow you to change them out quick at the key ring.

Im thinking that may be the angle I take with the mouth call pouch. Where the single drop is that the tube is on, Ill tie in a black key ring and then make that drop able to switch out. If your a mouth call guy, you could attach the pouch instead of the tube drop.
Georgia Boy

pappy

Del, go find you a green case that held a compass in it, there should be a place for a clip on it therefore you could add it to the lanyard like you did the rest of the add-ons....they should be able to hold plenty of mouth calls. pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

Quote from: pappy on September 04, 2011, 06:43:15 PM
Del, go find you a green case that held a compass in it, there should be a place for a clip on it therefore you could add it to the lanyard like you did the rest of the add-ons....they should be able to hold plenty of mouth calls. pappy

Thanks Pappy, thats not a bad idea. i got some nylon camo fabric. i was gonna sew something to.
Georgia Boy

M,Yingling

Very Nice like the spurs ,, My have to get me one   :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

Del, I just got off the phone with Brian and we were talking about your pics with the lanyard, we noticed my call was on the bottom, Crazy Boy says it's because you built that lanyard CL of Q   "call makers level of quality" in mind, that's why his is on top and mine is on the bottom...is this true?????????  :TooFunny:
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

Man, you two are crazy. They woudnt be on that lanyard at all if either of them werent quality.
Georgia Boy