OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunday Devotional 09-03-11

Started by pappy, September 04, 2011, 10:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27
Peace and Being Afraid....both find themselves in the hearts of men. During this time and on this world, the latter is most likely to rule over the former, why? Since Peace was freely given to us through Christ, why is it so hard to hold onto it, or just to grab that brass ring as it goes around on the merry go round of life?
Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
See those first nine words? If we are not going to allow Jesus Christ "rule in our heart" then why would we expect to reap the benefits of being "members of one body"? The Body of Christ. We tend to want to work out our trouble by ourselves, remember the devotional about the disciples in the boat during the storm?  Where was their peace? Fear abounded and rampaged but their Peace was asleep in the back of the ship.  
Holding onto the peace of Christ is as simple as holding the hands of Jesus as we walk through our lives. Never letting go, no matter the winds of fate or the bellows of fear, holding on as if our life itself depended on it!!! Imagine a trapeze artist, swinging a hundred feet above the floor, doing all kinds of tricks,  if you could see their knuckles I would say they were white as snow, their grip was so tight holding on to that swing, and yet they were "comfortable" enough to perform without fear of falling off. HOW?
Because they had a peace that was practiced. Everyday. Many times a day. That's the kind of peace we need in our hearts in order to swing through life's ups and downs...and do so comfortably. Anyone ever ask you how you get through so much and still have a smile on your face? That's the Peace that Jesus said He gave to us freely, and freely given so we can share it freely with others. Next time they ask, tell them the truth, I hold the hand of Jesus every day, as long as I am willing to hold on, He is willing to supply my needs, if it's peace, strength or hope.
Elvis Presley sang a song called "one pair of hands"  listen to this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnp5eJ5wbs
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ncturkey

Nice devotional. But today is 09-04-11.

pappy

HAHAHAHA...THAT SHOWS YOU THAT I AM RETIRED AND GETTING SENILE...THANKS NC
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)