turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H.S, woody decoys

Started by gob09, August 30, 2011, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

after this past season i am in need of new decoys the only two i had were destroyed .
my question is does anyone have any experence with the new HS strut decoys woody and jezebel are they light, easy to carry, and set up, do they look real ? ive only seen pictures on internwet and tv     

any info. would be great thanks wes

vaturkey

I've seen woody & jezebel. They look pretty good. But no where as good as the Dave Smith Decoys. JMO

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

gob09

i agree ..DSD's do look the best

stinkpickle

A facebook site was selling the pair for $50 a few months ago.  The stake holes are small, so you gotta fish around a little bit to get the top one lined up.  I might glue in an arrow shaft to make that a little easier.  They look pretty good, though...should work just fine.  Heck, my old cheapo Feather Flex's work just fine.  :) 

gob09

i had two pretty good blow up decoy's a jake and a hen the last weekend of season a gobbler deflated my jake and i hit the hen with a load of #6 when i shot the bird so now i have no decoy's

gob09

well i went ahead and bought the soft bodied verson of woody and jezebel  the poly carbinate i think would be hard to carry and bulky i need to have something that will carry easy i have to walk to much to mess with decoy bags and such

renegade19

I like em pretty good.  If they're wrinkled coming out of the box, a hair dryer or lying them in the warm sun (maybe not this time of year) will iron them out.

gob09

shawn mine were feather lite by cherokee sports i still have the jake the 1-800 nuber is on there if you need i will post it
shawn they are really good decoys for the money i probebly got mine on sale i know they were'nt very expensive

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on December 11, 2011, 06:47:41 PM
shawn mine were feather lite by cherokee sports i still have the jake the 1-800 nuber is on there if you need i will post it
shawn they are really good decoys for the money i probebly got mine on sale i know they were'nt very expensive
Yeah they were on discount allright, you got 1 of them from me...
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

gob09

:o :o ::)i beg to differ the jake was mine...  i think.. no..... im sure well pretty well sure
if it was'nt mine im sorry do i owe a decoy if so you can call the  :police:

Dbrnmllr

I have the Jezebel decoy that I use with a full strut pretty boy.  They are a little harder to carry, but it fits inside the pretty boy and then I put them in a bag and it carries all right.  They do look great and convince even the wariest of toms.

timberjack86

A buddy of mine had them and he loves them. I was thinking of buying me a pair after seeing them set up in his yard.

gob09

i got picked the sneaky pete and hottie hen because of the ability to fold them up for transport i dont need a bulky  bag carry .

form what i understood the woody is a hard boddied decoy and would be to bulky

C J Stahly

I bought some foam decoys at the end of last year.  They worked pretty well and I could fold/roll three or four of them up and put them in the pouch of my vest and didn't have to carry out the decoy bag.  Made life a bit easier.

hd mike

I am also looking for new decoy ideas, but I still keep going back to the DSD's.
Might make the trip to a Scheels to see them in person.