OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mero Trumpet - Pappy Lewis Pot Calls

Started by 870BkWht, August 30, 2011, 12:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

I know that most of you guys have already seen these calls, but I wanted to take a moment and brag on these 2 fellas.  I made an offer a while back to trade flies for turkey calls and Brian Mero and Jack Pappy Lewis took me up on the offer.  What I got in return for the flies are a few calls that I could not be happier with.  The Mero Trumpet is made from Kingwood and it is a beauty.  I haven't mastered it by any means, but when I can get some consistency with it, It sounds terriffic.  Pappy and I agreed on a Cherry Pot Slate/Glass dual purpose.  I was suprised with not only the slate but also a unique China Berry Pot Ceramic/Black Anodized Aluminum.  Both of these pots are full of bird on both sides.  Anyways, just wanted to throw a shameless plug their way and let you guys know if your looking for new call these are some of the best call makers to get in touch with.  And my offer still stands to any of you fly fisherman to trade flies for a call.

On with the call pics. I apologize the cell phone is the only camera I had at the time.

savduck

I think all three of you guys made out like bandits. There was some fine craftman ship on both sides of the trading.

Congrats to all of you.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Quote from: savduck on August 30, 2011, 07:13:01 AM
I think all three of you guys made out like bandits. There was some fine craftman ship on both sides of the trading.

Congrats to all of you.

X2. The only talent I have is using those flies and calls to fill the freezer...........lol  Great calls and the ties were great as well! :you_rock: :you_rock:

Cleburne