only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hunting with a rifle

Started by Jourdan_D, February 06, 2011, 06:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jourdan_D

If you could hunt turkey with a rifle would you?  Why or why not

CASH

No.  It wouldn't be turkey hunting.  Calling them in close.  It'd be turkey sniping.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: CASH on February 06, 2011, 06:59:26 PM
No.  It wouldn't be turkey hunting.  Calling them in close.  It'd be turkey sniping.
x2

bad0351

No.....What would be the point of sitting 100 yds away and picking off a bird ....no need to call, hide ???
Crazy
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

BigHooks

x 3 I've seen the time I wish I had a rifle....

Jourdan_D

Was just wondering.  here in FL you can use a rifle, but i've always used my shotgun. There have been time i thought a rifle would have been useful :z-guntootsmiley:

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Jourdan_D on February 06, 2011, 07:51:47 PM
Was just wondering.  here in FL you can use a rifle, but i've always used my shotgun. There have been time i thought a rifle would have been useful :z-guntootsmiley:
they changed the law this year - due to safety concerns  - nothing but shotguns with size 2 and smaller on WMA's  -- on private you can use anything --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Jourdan_D

AH good tip never hunted turkey on a WMA only private land. But it's good to know just in case i decided to hunt a WMA this year. At a buddy's farm i use my shotgun and at my work we have a "bow only" rule. 

boggszilla

Quote from: CASH on February 06, 2011, 06:59:26 PM
No.  It wouldn't be turkey hunting.  Calling them in close.  It'd be turkey sniping.

:agreed:

OLE RASPY

n2deer

Probably not, I am not going to say I wont. Thats a long time. You always got that one bird that just wears at you. ;D

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: Jourdan_D on February 06, 2011, 06:50:52 PM
If you could hunt turkey with a rifle would you?  Why or why not

I can. It's legal in Pennsylvania in the fall.

No. I would not.

It just isn't for me.

870BkWht

In West Virgina a rifle is legal.  I personally have only ever killed 1 turkey with a rifle.  It was a fall hunt and I killed a hen, but she could've been killed easily with any shotgun.  I busted up a flock of birds and called them back.  25 yards shot, rifle or not, it was a chip shot.  Spring birds are too fun to kill with a rifle.