OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call Trading Question

Started by 870BkWht, August 04, 2011, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

I like to fly fish and was curious if any of you other OG members and call makers also fly fish.  If so, then I have a proposition for you.  I tie my own flies, have been doing it for about 10 years now and tie flies from a size 22 trout flies all the way up to a size 2 for pike and bass.  I was curious if anyone wanted to maybe trade a call for a pre determined amount of flies, say maybe 3 dozen, or whatever the person wants.  This trade could be for both call makers and even someone who maybe has too many calls, and wants to trade one away.  I have pictures of some flies that I tie if anyone is curious.  If anyone is interested in something like this, please either PM me, email me at benjaminkh182@yahoo.com or it can be discussed via phone.  

Thanks

Golden Pheasant Tails Nymphs

mixed olive, black, and natural Hares Ear Nymphs

L to R - Flash Stone, Rubber Legged Black Hares Ear, Lightning Bug

Olive Wooly Bugger, Carpet Fly, Pink Glo Egg

Parachute Adams Dry

L to R - Chart. Mini Hot, Chart. Rubber Leg Stimulator, Usual, Orange Mini Hot

L to R - Black Beetle, Elk Hair Caddis, Inch worm

Jointed Olive Circus Peanut - This fly is good for bass, pike, larger trout.  Its about 4'' long

Same fly as above, diaphram for scale

This fly is called a Heifer Groomer, and its jointed as well as also being about 4''s long.

lightsoutcalls

I wish I had time to fly fish.  Your proposition sounds like a good deal for someone who fishes.  Good luck.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Spring Creek Calls

I may be interested in that kind of trade. Can you post some pics of wets, nymphs, streamers etc? Thanks!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

870BkWht

Updated with pictures for those interested.

ChiefBubba

Nice fly's. I fly fish and tie fly's here in Florida and thanks for posting always enjoy seeing what others are tying. Not much use for the trout fly's here but the Bass fly's are cool. I do a little Salt water fly fishing here as well. Chief.

pappy

Just found this post, those are impressive looking flies. I love tradin' pm me would you? pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

merocustomcalls

Great looking flies.  I do tons of flyfishing myself.  PM sent.

NCBigShot

...very, very fine work... :icon_thumright: You're as much an artisan at fly tying as many of the fellas here are at call making... Best wishes for an equitable trade!
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

shark

good looking, I dont fly fish but do you tie up any jigs?

870BkWht

Shark,  Im assuming your talking about Marabou jigs for crappie and panfish, trout, etc?  I can tie those jigs as well.

shark

yea will use them sometimes, live along the upper james in virginia, alot of small mouth.
also use bucktail jigs at the outer banks alot.

gobbler74

I dont fly fish but thats some fine work!
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

pappy

Today I got my fishing flies.......let me tell you all something, this young man has a talent and I am amazed at his work!.......I have one fly he has made for me called.....Cul De Canard Midge in a size #32 .... the pic is for comparison the quarter looks like a giant to this lil' fella!   the hook is no bigger then Washington's nose!!!!!!!!!!!
The rest of the flies are super fantastic! Color ranges from the brightest green you ever saw to black and orange .... they are realistic looking, and some that look liked they came out of a Sci-Fi movie or an alien planet....but I got to say, if any of you callmaker's want to trade for something unique, then this is it! I am fixing a shadow box, actually two shadow boxes, and as soon as I get them finished I will post pics...Thanks Ben for such a great show of talent and for the opportunity to trade with you....pappy
tel...573-380-8206

smurf

I used to live for fly fishing but haven't been in 30 years.  Those are some good looking flies.  I know the grayling would have loved them.   Pappy what are you gonna do with flies?  You don't even know which end of the pole to hold, do You?  haha
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

pappy

HAHAHA.......I'm gonna go catch my some cow pies....wanna go?
tel...573-380-8206