turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1 of 1 Boxcall

Started by trb136, July 31, 2011, 10:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

This Cypress and Mahogany Boxcall Is the only one like it I will build, I recieved this wood from a friend that had a history on it..This is his quote....."It came from a barn on the farm built with cypress logs 2 to 3 ft in diameter and  many 70 feet long.  A 91 year old farmer, a life long family friend, said the barn was built by his grandfather in 1860.  The piece of wood I took my call from had over 350 growth rings.  That makes the wood growing in Southeast Missouri in the year 1500." I only had this one piece to make a call...The Mahogany on this call washed up in Gulfport Mississippi during Hurricane Katrina and was given to me by Gary of Magnolia Game Calls...This is truly a 1 of 1 call for me..If anyone is interested in the call send me a PM..  It has great tone nice raspy break on the end..2 distinct sounds from each side...after thinking about it long and hard I decided I would part with it rather than just sit it on my shelf...as a Callmaker I would rather someone enjoy the call and its history....Thanks Tim

Cut*N*Run

Great call and great story!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WillowRidgeCalls

A fine 1 of 1 caller Tim, you did that wood proud.  :happy0064:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

kenturkey89

Wow that's awesome stuff there, Tim!    :z-winnersmiley:
Brian

TRKYHTR

Looks great Tim.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

silverspur

Tim,  That is a great looking call and the history adds something extra special to it.  I don't have to hear the call because if it didn't meet your high standards, it would not have been posted.  I truely hope someone snags this call because I know what you put into each and every call you make.  I can say that because I have several call of yours and I am proud to own them and know they work in the woods.  Thanks for posting this great call!!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

lightsoutcalls

Great looking call!  I love calls with wood that has history behind them.   :icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

socalturkeyman

love the history of the wood  :you_rock:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

magnoliagamecalls

Tim,
       Very Nice Looking Call.

smurf

You done good there Tim.  Nice looking call.
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

pcgobbler

GREAT CALL AND HISTORY BEHIND THE WOOD USED TO MAKE THE CALL!!