turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Locator call???

Started by rtsj, July 27, 2011, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Flaming

Owl hoot with my voice. It may not work as good as some, but it sure is easy to carry!

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Runnin Gunner

In north Florida we have more owls, hawks and crows than you can shake a stick at.  Been a long time since I heard a crow or hawk get a gobble.  I have however had a gobbler fire one off at me to a yelp a minute after blowing a crow or a hawk call.
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)

JohnnieB

I usually use a n owl or crow but I have had luck with the Primos peacock call which can also do the pileated woodpecker and an ok coyote howl. The most interesting one I have ever seen successfully used was a can of Coke which served two purposes. My buddy Stan would chug the coke as we walked in and would belch as loud as he could which often drew shock gobbles. At this point he would take the empty can and set it on a small sapling or some brush and use it as a decoy gobbler head. I witnessed him shoot a few really nice beards using said technic mixed with a little slate calling. You can only imagine how I felt carrying around all my paraphenalia in a stuffed vest with every call under the sun and decoys to watch my bud blast a bird and travel real light.

Terry

For mid morning locating I have had good luck using Haydels pileated woodpecker call. Seems to work when nothing else will.

We have so many crows around here that I can hardly ever get them to work. Seems like there is always one making noise somewhere close by.