turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody Calls

Started by The Baron, May 02, 2024, 04:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Baron

I haven't been paying much attention to turkey calls lately, other than some local makers.  I've got a Cody Calls "The Woodsman" slate call in my vest that's been with me many years and sounds fantastic.  I did not know Cody Calls was done, until I saw mention of that here and came across one for sale on eBay for north of $400 and near fell out of my seat. :o  Now I'm not even sure I want to carry the call in my vest anymore, for fear of losing it.  Might be time to retire it and carry something that's not essentially irreplaceable.
"I don't hunt turkeys cause I want to; I hunt turkeys cause I have to."  – Tom Kelly

dixiemagnum80

Cody Calls is still in business and making calls everyday. I just received a Cody II slate for my buddy a couple weeks ago($57 shipped) and I got my name on the list for a Spec 1 Legend. The people buying these calls on EBay are oblivious to what's actually going on. Now, what I will say is Cody's customer service is lacking and they only randomly answer people's requests to get calls. I don't know why but I had really good luck. Others...not so much.

The Baron

That's great news.  Doesn't look like they have a website anymore, but I found their page on facebook.  Thanks!
"I don't hunt turkeys cause I want to; I hunt turkeys cause I have to."  – Tom Kelly

ColemantownHC

Cody is not dead. I called in an order last week for a new Woodsman glass and Cody II slate for my sons. Received them this week. Those calls on ebay in the package are $55-$65 current production calls. Those guys are ordering from Cody and reselling on ebay.

Greg Massey

Called Saturday and got Debbie voice mail and I ask her to call me back and she did today and I order a Cody II glass and Woodman Slate and I ask about getting on the list for a World Class Glass and she said no problem and she would call me when it's ready. She told me that Cody II and Woodman Slate would ship out Monday ...

hawkeye1958

Quote from: ColemantownHC on May 02, 2024, 02:35:40 PMThe calls on ebay in the package are $55-$65 current production calls. Those guys are ordering from Cody and reselling on ebay.

One seller hit the Jack Pot.

Same seller has sold or is selling 20 new in package Cody calls on Ebay. Most at plus $300

Lcmacd 58

Buyers do your research

prkguy

I ordered a Cody Woodsman earlier today.  Kudos to Cody Calls for calling me back on a Sunday.

sbbow

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 05, 2024, 02:33:13 PMCalled Saturday and got Debbie voice mail and I ask her to call me back and she did today and I order a Cody II glass and Woodman Slate and I ask about getting on the list for a World Class Glass and she said no problem and she would call me when it's ready. She told me that Cody II and Woodman Slate would ship out Monday ...
I would like to hear your thoughts on the woodsman when you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbbow

Quote from: prkguy on May 05, 2024, 06:25:46 PMI ordered a Cody Woodsman earlier today.  Kudos to Cody Calls for calling me back on a Sunday.
That call has always caught my eye! I might just have to contact Cody since ce they are doing business again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wareagle22

The price list that I saw from Cody had a Spec 1 Legend at $400 and I wanna say the World Class was around $300. 

Greg Massey

I received my Cody calls today...  Cody II and Woodsman ... Thanks Debbie ...

Bottomland OG

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2024, 02:55:49 PMI received my Cody calls today...  Cody II and Woodsman ... Thanks Debbie ...
Would you mind sharing that phone number please sir?

Bottomland OG

Quote from: Bottomland OG on May 09, 2024, 04:48:25 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2024, 02:55:49 PMI received my Cody calls today...  Cody II and Woodsman ... Thanks Debbie ...
Never mind. I feel stupid now. I tried looking it up a while back and couldn't find it. I typed it in just now and it pulled it right up. My bad. Thanks

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bottomland OG on May 09, 2024, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: Bottomland OG on May 09, 2024, 04:48:25 PM
Never mind. I feel stupid now. I tried looking it up a while back and couldn't find it. I typed it in just now and it pulled it right up. My bad. Thanks

PM Sent