turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New vest wanted, good seat

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 24, 2024, 01:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Looking for a new vest that has a good seat.  Can be minimalist.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Gooserbat

Get you a Glenda Green Seat cushion with the inter-tube.  You'll ditch any other seat from that point on.  You can attach it to any vesy or just a belt loop
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 24, 2024, 02:01:43 PMGet you a Glenda Green Seat cushion with the inter-tube.  You'll ditch any other seat from that point on.  You can attach it to any vesy or just a belt loop
Was thinking about that.  How easy is it to attach?  Anyone had trouble keeping them inflated?

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

vthokie7227

Attaching Glenda's innertube to a belt is super easy. Clip a carbineer to the seat's handle and then clip it to a belt loop. Attaching to a vest is a bit trickier, but if you or someone you know is halfway decent with a needle and thread you can easily sew on some attachment straps and clips or magnets to it.

Regarding durability, I've been using one of Glenda's seats for 3 years and only had to inflate it when I bought it three years ago. Be sure to "follow the research" and only inflate the tube about half way. It's much more comfortable that way compared to fully inflated. The cover she makes is very durable and puncture resistant. I've been tempted to put some Slime in the innertube for extra insurance, but I've been lazy and haven't done that yet.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green seat and if you talk with her, she can add whatever you want so you can attach it to a belt or vest... She can add a carry shoulder strap or whatever...

Gooserbat

Yes if you want she will mak modifications
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

NOmad

Love my Grounded Brand vest, best part about it is the seat and seat magnet. Little on the heavier side though if that deters you (it is lighter than the alps vest I have but heavier than the ol tom gunslinger vest).

aclawrence

I've always been pretty happy with the seat cushion on my Alps Grandslam vest. It's not a minimalist vest though. I also have a Glenda Green seat and it is nice.