turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg Silver Reserve Turkey 28GA

Started by NightHawk24, April 23, 2024, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

Was considering picking up a Mossberg Silver Reserve Turkey 28GA for next season. Just curious if anyone has shot one, or heard or seen any results from it?

Thanks in advance!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ridge Rooster

I could be wrong but have heard that the ATI O/U's are built by the same company that builds the Mossberg's.  If that is the case I have a 20ga and a 12ga ATI Turkey Fowl.  I bought the 20 first and was very happy with it.  Barrel regulation was near perfect as I shoot a tight Indian Creek .562 in top barrel and an Improved Cylinder in bottom.  Now the 12ga was a different story.  I use tight .655 Indian Creek in top and tried numerous choke/shell combinations in bottom but it would print 6" low at 30 yards.  Finally yesterday I decided I would sacrifice an old Carlson .680 Extended choke and file on it to see if I could change the POI and I got it really close.  Moved POI up to about 2"-3" low and very acceptable now at 30 and in. Obviously it gets better the closer in the shot.

So where I am getting at with this is I like them but barrel regulation may be an issue?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters