OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It’s his passion for the hunt, not the glory…….

Started by Tom007, April 15, 2024, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I wanted to share a story about a friend of mine that loves to turkey hunt. He is a very private person, thus he  will remain anonymous. He has a tremendous passion for the Wild Turkey, and everything that goes along with it. He's an avid Call collector having one of the best collections I know. What makes him so special is he hunts strictly for the one-on-one battle with this fine bird. He does not do it for the glory, he does not share photos, he does it for his own story and field memories. This to me is a "True" turkey hunter,  his passion for the sport out-weighs the need for Social recognition. He has all the qualities/skills of the best turkey hunters. Preparation, scouting, practicing with his calls off season are all part of his regiment. As for Woodsman-ship and Patience, he's got it. Two of the recent Tom's he harvested took him from daybreak till 10:30 and 11:00 respectively sitting tight finally closing the deal on these trophy Tom's. One of these birds weighed in at 25 pounds and sported 1-3/4 inch hooks! This is not your typical 2 year old for sure!
  In summary, I wanted to tell his story, I am proud to call him a friend and know he looks forward to many more "Gobbling" sunrises. I know I look forward to the snip-it's he does share with me, they truly are unique memories that I enjoy and learn from.......Be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

Sounds like a special friend, someone you admire. Shared values and similar interests make for strong, lasting friendships. I can tell you're proud of your friend, I'm sure he appreciates you as well!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on April 15, 2024, 01:19:50 PM
Sounds like a special friend, someone you admire. Shared values and similar interests make for strong, lasting friendships. I can tell you're proud of your friend, I'm sure he appreciates you as well!

Amen Z. Thank you.
"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

To Go be the glory.  He supplied these wonderful birds.
Me?  I'm just a humble turkey addict who appreciates 'em for the gift they are.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Wigsplitter

Good friends are a bless from God and one of the greatest gifts in the world!! They are also few and far between- this guy you speak of sounds like — the old pro— great read if you haven't already read it !!

Tom007

Quote from: Wigsplitter on April 16, 2024, 11:19:24 PM
Good friends are a bless from God and one of the greatest gifts in the world!! They are also few and far between- this guy you speak of sounds like — the old pro— great read if you haven't already read it !!

Thank you, yes close friends are what life is all about. The turkey woods would be utopia for all of us if we followed his methods. We would have nothing but good things to talk about......how nice would that be. Good luck to all!
"Solo hunter"

arkrem870

More out there like him than you realize. It's the way of the turkey hunter.

Of course you always had the sporting goods counter and coffee shop braggers.....now the braggers have social media to pound their chest and pursue validation. 

Whole generation coming up of chest thumpers. They will soon realize if they haven't already that loose lips sink ships.