turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite lead loads other than LBXR?

Started by NightHawk24, April 13, 2024, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

Just picking up my new Rem 870 12GA. Planning on shooting either #5 or #6 depending on what patterns the most effectively. Just wondering what other lead loads out there I should consider other than the LB's? Double X? Fed Grand Slam? Just want to hear some personal favorites that are still effective.

Thanks.

Happy

Was always a fan of the federal premium turkey loads in #6 shot. I could never get Winchester or remingtons to pattern as well as those loads

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

surehuntsalot

Winchester XX has served me well over the years
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on April 14, 2024, 08:56:56 PM
Was always a fan of the federal premium turkey loads in #6 shot. I could never get Winchester or remingtons to pattern as well as those loads

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

X2 ... I agree. I was a big fan of these in 5's and 6's ... federal premium ... I still have a good stock of these shells...

The Federal Turkey Thug was another good lead shells

Sir-diealot

Honestly don't have one, Remington's do not do well in my gun which surprises me since the gun is a Remington and when I got back into it after my accident I bought several boxes of LBXR's and never have tried any since. I do not recall what I was using before my accident in 91 which was the last time I had bought some. The gun hates anything that is not number 6's in lead for turkey, seems to do okay with dove shot though I have no dove around here to shoot really. Likes Rabbit shot as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

357MAGNOLE

Easy. Federal Grand Slam #5's.

Both turkeys I shot this year dropped like those in the TSS commercials. Can't kill any deader than dead.

upload pic

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

ChesterCopperpot

Double X as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quackhound