turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pretty bird

Started by roberthyman14, April 13, 2024, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthyman14

Went and setup on an old warrior bird.  I assume he's the same bird I've hunted for the last 3 seasons.  Tends to roost right on edge of private/ public.  Hes never the 1st bird to gobble, but once he starts gobbling he carries on for about an hour before flying down.  Multiple trucks will stop on the boundary everytime and try to figure him out. 2 seasons ago I chased him down a creek branch, he went up towards private and I heard a shot fired. Figured he was dead. Sitting against my tree looking at a map on my phone. 20 minutes goes by n he gobbles 25 yards in front of me. Caught with my pants down nothing I could do.  Stayed trying him rest of season and last season I went back Multiple days.  Never could get him to commit.  Today was 1st time this season trying him. And he did the same as always.  Lotta birds in this bottom/thicket. All that to say. I  Ended up calling in 2 different  hens and a Jake this morning.  All 3 flew up into a tree within 35 yards of me looking for the hen that was making all that noise. Had time to take a few pictures and video.
I'll try him again in the morning but this time we are diving into the swamp bottom, getting a different calling spot and see what happens

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

You'll catch up with him sooner or later, its just a matter of time.
Thank's for the photos and sharing the story.

Zobo

Maybe, maybe not. The fact that he's a loudmouth and hasn't been killed shows he's a hard target. You may lose, and that's ok.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Neill_Prater

Just keep reminding yourself of the time you had him at 25 yards. Good luck.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Tom007

It will happen. Nice pics.....
"Solo hunter"