OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 Cycling Issue

Started by bvoss, April 12, 2024, 02:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bvoss

Got a brand new Franchi Affinity 3 20 gauge that is having trouble cycling 2 3/4 in 7/8 oz loads. It will eject the shell but won't load the next one into the chamber. Any recommendations on fixing this without having to pay to ship it back to them? I have cleaned the gun ( did not completely break the bolt down though). Never had an inertia semiauto before only a couple gas operated and they seemed to cycle everything no problem. Any help appreciated.

MossyOak92

Mine didn't cycle well when I first got it. After I shot it while it hasn't missed a beat in a while. I think they have a little break in time.

JeffC

Inertia gun, read the instructions, only 3" shells. I sight mine in with 2 3/4" never will cycle. No problem with 3". 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Wigsplitter

You are about gonna have to shoot heavier shells to remedy this - my wife has one and squirrel hunts with it - it's 3 inch  1 1/4 or we got problems with ejections

bvoss

I saw many reviews on it before I bought it but I never saw anything that said you wouldn't be able to shoot 2 3/4 in shells. I bought the gun to be an all around shotgun. I saw where several guys dove hunt with them. I wouldn't think they'd be dove hunting with 3" shells. So it seems there must be a trick to get it to cycle the dove loads. Will try to put some
Heavy 3" through it and see if that loosens it up. Just didn't know I'd there was some kind of mechanical adjustment I could do to
Help it along.

Jfowler82

I had the same issue but after several turkey loads it shoots anything now .

Ihuntoldschool

Break it in with heavy loads first. 

BDeal

I bought one last year. On the first one the forend didn't fit. My FFL and I messed with it for about an hour and sent it back. Turns out this was a common issue. The second one wouldn't cycle anything and sometimes wouldn't fire when I pulled the trigger. I had to send it back. It's better but it still jambs and fails to fire occasionally. I asked for a refund but because I shot it they wouldn't take it back. The fit and finish is also very poor. Spots where the paint has came off and little white halos in some of the paint job. Mine is garbage although it does shoot nice patterns when it goes off. I bought a Mossberg SA 20 this winter and the Affinity is my backup. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Greg Massey

I bought the Franchi Affinity Elite 3 turkey 20 ga. and mine has worked flawlessly, great gun overall including the finish etc..

Awesome gun with the specialty made Rhino chokes ...

Remington700

Mine brand new would not cycle properly. I sent it back and they "fixed it". It was doing the same thing when it returned. I sent a video and it went back a second time. Ever since then it has been flawless. Said it was a weak spring and was replaced. I use it for dove hunting as well. Great gun once I got the bugs out.

bvoss

Bottomland OG

Quote from: bvoss on April 12, 2024, 02:47:34 PM
Got a brand new Franchi Affinity 3 20 gauge that is having trouble cycling 2 3/4 in 7/8 oz loads. It will eject the shell but won't load the next one into the chamber. Any recommendations on fixing this without having to pay to ship it back to them? I have cleaned the gun ( did not completely break the bolt down though). Never had an inertia semiauto before only a couple gas operated and they seemed to cycle everything no problem. Any help appreciated.
Not sure what the problem is but the part about that gun not being able to shoot 2 3/4" x 7/8 loads is 100% false. I've had that gun since 2017 and shoot that size load in mine all the time along with heavy loads, you name it. Mine has never felled to eject anything I've put through it. Not saying the other guys are not having problems too. Just saying mine shoots them no problem.

BDeal

Quote from: Remington700 on April 14, 2024, 08:56:02 PM
Mine brand new would not cycle properly. I sent it back and they "fixed it". It was doing the same thing when it returned. I sent a video and it went back a second time. Ever since then it has been flawless. Said it was a weak spring and was replaced. I use it for dove hunting as well. Great gun once I got the bugs out.

Pretty disappointing to have to send a new gun back multiple times. Similar story to mine except mine still doesn't function properly 100% of the time. I will never own another Franchi.

Hill

Mine will cycle 7/8 @ 1300fps target loads or heavier/faster loads without a problem. It will cycle some brands of 7/8 @ 1200fps but not all.