OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Northren Invasion of Late April Into Early May!

Started by quavers59, April 12, 2024, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

I heard through the Grapevine that 1 Turkey Hunter From Arkansas, I Hunter From Georgia,another From Mississippi,  and the last guy from Alabama-- all Good Friends and some of the Very best Turkey Killers around are all Traveling  up to Turkey Hunt in New Jersey on The April 22nd opening Date. They aim to take to take 2 Big Longbeards each.
     Then it is on to New York State and the very low fee of $20 Bucks for 2 Turkey Permits.  There was internet rambling of taking all 10 Gobblers for the 5 Men- Easy Pickins- 3 Days Tops! Then on to a Steakhouse Restaurant  to order the best cuts with all the Trimminings!. Ol lester will have to Loosen his belt 1 notch on his 44" waist by 30 Length pants after this meal.
    LATE APRIL FOOLS!!
Just having some Fun Guys. All of us up in the Northeast are going crazy with the continued  Long wait. Pennsylvania  opens on May 4th this year! How is it that some Canadian areas open much earlier??
    Good Luck Y'ALL- bbb.

JeffC

I heard that they are closing NJ off to all the NY invaders!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

quavers59

Yoder409

Quote from: quavers59Pennsylvania  opens on May 4th this year! How is it that some Canadian areas open much earlier??

Don't get me started......   Someone at the PGC is on drugs.

EVERY state and Canadian province opens before Pennsylvania !!!    :character0029:   But for some reason our season got set back yet another week when it was, arguably, ALREADY a week too late opening.  Leaves us with a 24 day season rather than the typical 28 days.

The guys hunting below I-70 won't be able to see 15 yards in the woods by May 4th.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

quavers59

Right Yoder409. I Turkey Hunted Pennsylvania  for 20 Springs to 2014. I used to enjoy Hunting the PA Opener before the May 1st/ New York Opener.