turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Millenium Run N' Gun seat or a low profile style lounger

Started by Dazzler, April 10, 2024, 11:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

My back is feeling it a little extra than previous seasons.  I think its time to get off the ground a little.  I'm familiar with other millenium products.  The no back run n' gun tree seat is on my short list, but thought I'd reach out to fellow backpain sufferers to see if I needed to keep my search to a lounger style.  The smaller lighter tree seat option is very appealing.  Anyone have experience with this product?

Greg Massey

I just have one of the low profile folding turkey chairs that Walmart sells for turkey hunting and i have really enjoyed that seat with back support.

Now if i were going to buy a new one i would look at buying a millennium Field Pro Turkey Seat. With the back support you don't necessarily have to rely on a tree for your back support. Comfort makes a lot of difference in being still and patience. 

The Millennium Field Pro Turkey Seat has really good reviews.

Sixes

I have the Millennium Field Pro and love it. Light weight and very comfortable. I use primarily if I know that I am going to be in an area instead of a lot of movement, then I either sit on the ground or use a Hunt Comfort Fatboy. I keep both in my truck. Ive never found a cushion that was on a vest that was very good with the exception of the seat on the Cabelas Tatr 2.

I'm a bigger guy and most cushions are about like sitting on the ground.

Millennium makes great products and will stand behind what they make, but they ain't cheap

Sixes

I will add that the benefit of the Field Pro is you can set comfortable without a tree to put your back against.  I've used mine on field edges with no trees and small patches of ground cover around clear cuts. Without having to find a tree, you are more versatile and still have a solid back rest

Tail Feathers

That seat has a bar across the top of the back.  Does that dig in?
I have a mid back disc damaged and couldn't take a bar digging in.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ruination

Yes.

I owned one and used it for several years.

It was just one more thing to carry that constantly got hung up on thick stuff.  Switched back to the vest cushion 2 years ago. If I was hunting open hardwoods again, I might break it out again, but it was not all that much more comfortable than a pad in the end IMO.

If I plan a long sit it will be the lounger.

Also, It is lighter, but it is not smaller than a foldable chair. And if you have back problems the backless chair wont help much at all.
.410 Favors the Bold

wchadw

Alps makes an aluminum chair. It's light weight and I can sit in it for a long time no problem. Only downside is the colors it comes in. Orange and a neon green. I spray painted mine brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: wchadw on April 10, 2024, 02:43:26 PM
Alps makes an aluminum chair. It's light weight and I can sit in it for a long time no problem. Only downside is the colors it comes in. Orange and a neon green. I spray painted mine brown

And blue. Good price

https://www.scheels.com/p/alps-mountaineering-rendezvous-chair/4882-8013914.html

Sixes

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 10, 2024, 02:31:31 PM
That seat has a bar across the top of the back.  Does that dig in?
I have a mid back disc damaged and couldn't take a bar digging in.

There is no bar across the back of mine, its just the bottom of the cover. 

bbcoach

Walmart Mossy Oak lounge chair for me.  Very comfortable for these 66-year-olds bones, butt and back.  I actually have 2 and I'm always in the market for a third at the end of turkey season clearance.  Price is $29.99, I believe.  I tend to set for several hours, if I need to, patiently, quietly and comfortably.

Dtrkyman

Lafuma low chair, under 2lbs, not big boy approved but I've had mine for several years!

Flagobbler

I've been using the Run & Gun seat for years and won't use anything else.  I can actually put the seat in the back of my Nomad Turkey Vest so it does not hang up on anything or it banging up against my body. I just take it out and throw it up on the tree and ready to hunt.   I leave the turkey vest seat on my vest and it acts as excellent back support while leaning up on a tree.  Can sit for hours with no discomfort.  I'm 6'0 and weigh 210 lbs.  It's also nice that you actually sit up just a littlehigher than a turkey vest seat or lounger style chair...spot that gobbler sooner

Marc

So I tried one of those turkey seats for a smaller area I was hunting (pretty much in one spot)....

It is more comfortable, but not a "WOW" moment for me...  What I really disliked about it, is it is difficult to reposition on a bird coming in.  Especially if the bird comes into my hard right (as a right-handed shooter).

NO WAY I would lug any seat around running & gunning in the horrible terrain I hunt.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

g8rvet

I have spun 90 degrees in the Millenium, with my arm resting sideways on the back rest and killed a couple birds basically 180 from the way I was facing (probably more like 145, but close). 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Neill_Prater

FYI. The Rendezvous chair featured on Scheels is NOT the lightweight, aluminum frame one at 6 lbs 13 ounces. Lightweight one is, I think, 4 lbs 13 ounces.

Contact Alps and ask them why they don't offer it in camouflage. I've done so twice, getting only a polite response both times saying they have no plans to do so. Duh!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk