OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unusual Sighting

Started by NCL, April 09, 2024, 05:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

Last night about dusk my wife said you need to come here and see this. My neighbor has a open spot about 150 yards behind his home. At any rate I walked to our back sliding glass door and could clear see a full strut gobbler in the open space behind my neighbors house. The unusual part was the tips of his fan were brilliant pure white. The turkeys in this are Rio's so it made this sighting were rare. I did hear years ago DFG planted Merriam's but that they had not made it. 

JeffC

Great reason to put out a camera, never know whats out there. A few years ago, people started seeing and telling me there were albino turkeys being seen. Finally got pictures of 2 smokey phase hens. Heard this past weekend horses were seen running thru neighborhood. Once caught an emu on a camera. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

I was sitting behind the barn this evening for groundhogs, after awhile a decent 8 pt buck ran past me at 35 yds. Still had both sides sides of rack on

Dougas

I have killed rios with bright white fan tips, secondary fan tips and ones with white tipped rump feathers.

JeffC

Quote from: crow on April 09, 2024, 09:21:10 PM
I was sitting behind the barn this evening for groundhogs, after awhile a decent 8 pt buck ran past me at 35 yds. Still had both sides sides of rack on

No pictures??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Quote from: JeffC on April 10, 2024, 07:59:14 AM
Quote from: crow on April 09, 2024, 09:21:10 PM

No pictures??

some of us actually hunt holding a gun and not a camera  :TooFunny: and he wasn't hanging around for a photo opp.

NCL

That is a good idea Jeff, I wish I would have grabbed my phone, only  camera I have. I never thought about a picture till the next day.