turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Small first aid kit for vest

Started by bowbird87, April 09, 2024, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

Anyone made a small first aid kit for there vest,if so what did you put in it?

ScottTaulbee

I carry a pill bottle full of cotton balls that have been permeated with petroleum jelly and a fire starter. I always have a pocket knife and a Leatherman multi tool. I figure I can use my belt as a make shift tourniquet if needed and if needed can stay over night and survive with those items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88

Benadryl for stings and bites. Alcohol pad and bandages. Superglue for deep cuts. It's also a good idea to have a tourniquet anytime you've got a firearm or are around them.

Happy

I keep a small emergency kit i made up and put in a ziploc bag that fits inside a crown royal bag. It is stored in my vest in the back compartment.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

I carry a very small first aid kit, they were giving these away at our local health fair, they have a small assortment. And i added more small sterile alcohol pads and Zeiss Lens wipe for cleaning optics and binoculars.  I have for years carried extra band-Aids in my wallet.. I carry this kit in my GG Satchel ..

I also carry a charging stick for my cell phone ... it's a small little flat type that doesn't take much room.

joey46

In Florida it's Benadryl a couple of band-
aids and little else.  Bit by a snake it's 911 and wait for the chopper.

Tclipse01

Tourniquet and a bit of gauze for the bad stuff, a couple of bandaids for the usual stuff.

aclawrence

I've just got band aids in my vest. I tell you what though I got an injury yesterday in the woods an didn't even realize it at first somehow. I guess I was so focused on setting up on a bird. I got a green briar stuck underneath my pinky finger nail. It's probably almost 3/16" under my nail and I can't get it out. I don't know what to do.

Turkeybutt

A few band aids, gauze, iodine, a roll of vet wrap and some Benadryl. Little pair of scissors and a pair of tweezers.

Remturkey

I always keep a first aid/ifak kit in my turkey vest.  I've yet to find another turkey hunter that I hunt with that does.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  With 24 yrs in LE, you learn to always prepare for the worst because sooner or later it will come.

Sir-diealot

Not vest but backpack but same concept. Carry some Aleve pain killers with me in bottle stuffed with cotton so they don't rattle, bandaids with the Neosporin in them already so I don't have to also carry a tube of Neosporin with me (Only Band-Aid brand has Neosporin already in the bandaid as an option) or fiddle with getting the Neosporin on the band aid with dirty sweaty hands. In always have at least one ace bandage with me in case of a sprain, Allergy meds, Asthma pump, epipen for bee stings, Small survival candle if going to place I do not alone along with a few pine cones and needles broken down in a medicine bottle also if going to place alone, not in my back but it is the only time of year I wear a belt anymore as I switched to suspenders to help my lower back but I use the belt to put me knee back in socking it it pops out (Bones, not keecap) 3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap, antiseptics and wound care products. My mother was an RN so I tend to be overkill with medical items in my packs for anything. Oh 2 days worth of medications in case I get stuck someplace.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

YoungGobbler

A few band aids and a few kleenex or toilet paper pieces, mostly for cuts, because there is always a small possibility to cut yourself with your hunting knife. That's about it.

roberthyman14

Quote from: aclawrence on April 09, 2024, 05:57:35 PM
I've just got band aids in my vest. I tell you what though I got an injury yesterday in the woods an didn't even realize it at first somehow. I guess I was so focused on setting up on a bird. I got a green briar stuck underneath my pinky finger nail. It's probably almost 3/16" under my nail and I can't get it out. I don't know what to do.

Go to drug store and get some black salve. Ol stinky stuff.  Put a glob on and a band aid over it.   It will pull the briar out.  That stuff pulls all kinda thorns and splinters out. 

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Zobo

I usually take this small kit, ibuprofen, bandages,gauze, steri strips, antibiotic ointment, tweezers, duct tape, etc. Weighs next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14